Got Towed !!

tsturbo

I was driving home from work and all of a sudden lost power . Pulled over car wouldnt start . It acted liked it wanted to start , so I think it has spark because it kind of stumbles when turning the key . I do not here the fuel pump priming when I turn the key . I do hear a click , I think is the relay . it is a welbro pump that is not very old . it is hot wired , Can someone please tell me what and where to start . I just purchased this car in the summer . I did not install these parts , so I dont know how to check them . thanks

O yeah it cost $122.00 for the tow

Originally posted by tsturbo
I was driving home from work and all of a sudden lost power . Pulled over car wouldnt start . It acted liked it wanted to start , so I think it has spark because it kind of stumbles when turning the key . I do not here the fuel pump priming when I turn the key . I do hear a click , I think is the relay . it is a welbro pump that is not very old . it is hot wired , Can someone please tell me what and where to start . I just purchased this car in the summer . I did not install these parts , so I dont know how to check them . thanks

O yeah it cost $122.00 for the tow

http://www.t6p.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3626

Hey , Sorry to hear that , I can only say i feel your pain and the above post should definately be a good place to start. I used the same info:cool:

get a fuel pressure gauge and install it on the fuel rail, turn the key to run,observe needle,if you dont have the gage just turn the key to run and push in the shrader valve you will get a good squirt if the pump is working,if that checks out pull a plug and check for spark,

I had the same problem first check the INJ/FUEL PUMP fuse. If it is blown and keeps on blowing you probably have a short.

towed

My car did the same thing last summer but the tow only cost me $70. After posting the same question on this board it seemed the general concesious was the fuel pump that I had recently installed(or the connections). I drained and dropped the tank, checked all the connections and made sure I had installed the pump correctly, put on a new fuel filter(which I should have done when installing the pump but it looked new then). With much reluctance I re-installed the tank,filled it some and car started right up. I'm assuming it was the fuel filter but to this day I don't know exactly what I fixed. I then installed an under hood fuel guage so if it ever happens again I can see if I have fuel pressure. It was a real pain in the #$$ to do all this so check the schreder valve and fuse first as in the previous post so you might not have to pull the tank. Hope this helps. Tommy

The most common no start problems are caused by:

1) No or low fuel pressure
2) Crank Position sensor
3) Jumped timing chain
4) MAF sensor
5) ECM inline fuse from battery