You can type here any text you want

GOT TRACTION ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

007gn

What does it take to make these cars lay down consistent 1.5 60ft times on a 275/60/15 drag radial tire or does it have to have a slick to get it done??? Also will a 28/10.5/15 slick fit under the back of one of these cars....All input & replies are greatly appreciated thanks guys.

I run all stock suspension. PS air bag at 14#, MT DR's 275/50-15, 14#'s air. Launch off foot break. 12#'s boost. Car does consistant 1.60 60' as long as track is good. I know our setup r not the same. Just thought I would chime in.

you have to get the car to leave under power while not shocking the tire to the point of wheelspin.a slick can be shocked more than a drag radial but any 15 inch drag radial can go 1.5 60fts with a decent sidewall and or contact patch.

I've cut 1.4 60's with my car, bone stock suspension and shocks with air bags, 10lbs in the left, 15 in right. Car leaves dead straight. This is at about 6-7lbs of boost on a 275/60/15 MT radial.

A low 11 sec car should be able to get in the low 1.5s with airbags as long as the suspension isnt completly whooped. Converter, turbo, and tune will depend on how much boost is needed to achieve these numbers. I have never launched over 8 psi

1.57 60fts on a 235/60/15 ET Street.

Boxed stock control arms
Poly Bushings
Eibach Lowering springs
ATR Rear Swaybar

Stock brakes

You have to be able to leave on boost. A line lock helps keep the rear drums cool on the burnout so they hold better

[quote="007gn, What does it take to make these cars lay down consistent 1.5 60ft times on a 275/60/15 drag radial tire[/quote]

more "seat time" and 16-18 lbs in the tires. if totally stock - perhaps a airbag. Should not be a problem with those tires.
In my case it wasn't the tires - it was the driver. he needed more "seat time"! LOL

Back