Grand National LQ9 Turbo Build

Went out took it easy left at 3/4 pounds ramped 13 highest boost was 15 as it spiked and leveled off at 13 pounds same exact tune up i have on the street nothing changed - i let off after the 1/8th well you can see by my mph
but first time at track first time down the strip on this combo only got to run it once.
2 step seemed too low needa turn it up a little next time around not bad for 13#s got another 13 pounds to go on settings

1.53 60
6.33 1/8 @ 114
10.01 @ 118

"only got to run it once."
LMG, the guy at the timing ticket booth had some choice words??:D

Last edited:
Cost example: I just bought a 2005 L33, 5.3L, with 799 heads on it. This will be a street cruiser, for my 55.
This is an all alum, 10:1 engine.
It's also built in a cast iron version, and will likely cost less. I pd $1950.00 delivered. 111K on the clock.
LOTS of 5.3's around here, for $500 a pop. Load one in the barrel, and pull the trigger.
LOTS of cheap offshore turbos, for less than a grand.
My choice for budget build, is stock truck exh manifolds, and the stock truck intake.

The sloppy stuff works!

Tried to upload a new video but i guess i deleted the previous link here’s two different angles the car next to me runs in the 11s

Tried to upload a new video but i guess i deleted the previous link here’s two different angles
Cost example: I just bought a 2005 L33, 5.3L, with 799 heads on it. This will be a street cruiser, for my 55.
It's also built in a cast iron version, and will likely cost less. I pd $1950.00 delivered. 111K on the clock.
LOTS of 5.3's around here, for $500 a pop. Load one in the barrel, and pull the trigger.
My choice for budget build, is stock truck exh manifolds, and the stock truck intake.

The sloppy stuff works!

The sloppy stuff definitely works. I like the information he provides. I didn’t use his combo but i do know they work.

I thought you sold your Buick with the whole ls swap Chuck looked like it was gna be a beast!

Tried to upload a new video but i guess i deleted the previous link here’s two different angles

The sloppy stuff definitely works. I like the information he provides. I didn’t use his combo but i do know they work.

I thought you sold your Buick with the whole ls swap Chuck looked like it was gna be a beast!

I did. It's "out west", and having more work done on it. Not sure if we'll see any more of it.

I did. It's "out west", and having more work done on it. Not sure if we'll see any more of it.

Its getting some attention. Had a GN1 IC put on, and some mods made to a 4"RJC single shot exhaust so it would fit. Got an e85 sensor waiting to go on. Car is torn down for paint and body right now. Wish I had some pix of the exhaust, shop that modified it frkm RJC did a beautiful job. If youre on FB, search for "Ultimate Performace" they have a video of it, unfortunately background noise isnt the car idling

Attachments

• 20190221_175906.jpg
    20190221_175906.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

The sloppy stuff works!

A '55?

Put in a 6.0 w/ LSA in my dads '57 with a 4l80, only using a 6 rib pulley, it startdd slipping at 9.5#'s of boost at 3500 and was down to 7 by 5500, did 502whp. Swapped the pulley for a griptec, hopeful for 550-575. All stock 275k mile engine, had the heads looked at, and put in a BTR stage 2 PDS cam

Attachments

• IMG_20180511_125639165.jpg
    IMG_20180511_125639165.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 60

I did. It's "out west", and having more work done on it. Not sure if we'll see any more of
A '55?

Put in a 6.0 w/ LSA in my dads '57 with a 4l80, only using a 6 rib pulley, it startdd slipping at 9.5#'s of boost at 3500 and was down to 7 by 5500, did 502whp. Swapped the pulley for a griptec, hopeful for 550-575. All stock 275k mile engine, had the heads looked at, and put in a BTR stage 2 PDS cam

Yep... Back to the cruiser street crowd. Getting too old to constantly work on my car.
This one, I put gas in it, and go.