You can type here any text you want

grand national stolen out of paint shop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thebeast

My grand national was stolen out of a paint shop clean title pink in hand ..car wasnt registered no insurance . The guy who painted my car is only trying to give me 5,000 for the car 300 dollars a month wtf!! which is a low ball compared to the condition and work done to my car . Im kind of stressed out due to the fact ,really need some opinions on where to start advice would help. my cars body was finished and was supposed to be painted 4th of july morning ..when i got the phone call

sounds like you should of called the cops 5 months ago to me
The shop called the cops I followed up on the police report 5 min later. The car was reported stolen. Time has been delayed from him paying me because he wanted to know if the car would come to surface in a police impound.The story was the lock was cut on the gate two cars that were blocking my car in was towed out, one had a broken trans mission from the tow truck and the other was left in the middle of the street. The story sounds kind of fishy because my front right tire was on flat and there were no tire tracks i took pictures and the painter refuses to hand over my keys . I also had a column lock and a dead battery from the car sitting for a year in my back yard.

Did you tell the police he wouldn't hand over the keys? What was his reason? It was probably one of his boys. Why no insurance?

He has no insurance for the his shop? Should have sued him months ago for the value of your car.

Did you tell the police he wouldn't hand over the keys? What was his reason? It was probably one of his boys. Why no insurance?
I told the cops everything they didnt give much attention to the situation,just told me its a civil case .He didnt give me a valid reason he acted like he couldnt speak english and needed a interpeter I didnt have in surance because i wasnt planning on driving the car just a paint and store the car in my backyard where it was safe

He has no insurance for the his shop? Should have sued him months ago for the value of your car.
How would I know the value ..or present the value in documentation? I searched kellybluebook
not able to find a 1987 grand national just newer cars .

He knows what happened to your car.......Id sue for the value of your car....Sounds like someone needs to pay him a visit with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch betcha he tells you exactly where your car is...

Chances are this clown doesn't have any money. You can try and prove the car was worth a lot more than $5000 if you have a bill f sale, receipts, or appraisal but it will still be in payments.

He knows what happened to your car.......Id sue for the value of your car....Sounds like someone needs to pay him a visit with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch betcha he tells you exactly where your car is...
lol when i confronted him saying that 5000 wasnt enough he called the cops the cops said I cant go up there demanding money smh

Time to hire your own attorney...but since it's been so long, that will definately complicate matters. Is shop owner still in business?

Depending on your state laws, I would think his insurance should cover it unless you signed something that said you would not hold the shop owner liable if anything happened to the car while on his premises. I wouldn't let any more time pass prior to taking action though!!

Attorney should have been hired the minute the body shop / painter said he wanted to wait to see if the car surfaced in an impound lot. It's doubtful that anybody stealing that car would be dumb enough to store it in an impound. Sorry to hear though.

Depending on your state laws, I would think his insurance should cover it unless you signed something that said you would not hold the shop owner liable if anything happened to the car while on his premises. I wouldn't let any more time pass prior to taking action though!!
I still have receipt dont see any thing like that ,and there was no signs posted . Looks like a big day ahead

Where is this body shop? You have been scammed my friend. I would soak a wood bat in water and then go dry it out on his azz. What condition was car in? 5k is a rough driver. Get a lawyer. Report them to the BBB. Get his insurance info. Press charges. Has he paid you anything yet? If not that is a plus. Have any pics of car ?

Back