You can type here any text you want

Grundy Insurance..some interesting reading

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hagerty over Grundy for me as Hagerty will actually let you use your car much more realistically. Heaven forbid you get into a fender bender when stopping for milk at your grocery store with Grundy while returning from a cruise or show! :mad: This is on my 70 Buick and not my Turbo Regal though...

Really? I've heard the opposite that Hagerty will only cover you to and from car shows and that Grundy will let you drive some leisurely. That article that was linked backed that up.

Anyways I will still probably switch to Grundy in May. Grundy quote on the Mustang/Buick was $321/yr 300K each 15K value on the Buick and 12K value on the Mustang (used the same values that I currently have on my Hagerty policy).

Last years bill from Hagerty = $517/yr. So I'd save $196 per yr if I switch.

Nope- my knowlege is first hand from filling out the Grundy application and being truthful by saying I may use the car to run an occassional errand. That didn't sit well with the Grundy underwriters so they declined my application. On the other hand, same answer on Hagerty's app and they said "no problem". Made it easy for me. ;)

Really? I've heard the opposite that Hagerty will only cover you to and from car shows and that Grundy will let you drive some leisurely. That article that was linked backed that up.

Anyways I will still probably switch to Grundy in May. Grundy quote on the Mustang/Buick was $321/yr 300K each 15K value on the Buick and 12K value on the Mustang (used the same values that I currently have on my Hagerty policy).

Last years bill from Hagerty = $517/yr. So I'd save $196 per yr if I switch.

Nope- my knowlege is first hand from filling out the Grundy application and being truthful by saying I may use the car to run an occassional errand. That didn't sit well with the Grundy underwriters so they declined my application. On the other hand, same answer on Hagerty's app and they said "no problem". Made it easy for me. ;)

Hmmm, guess I need to do some more checking then. Thanks.

I have Grundy and haven't had to put them to the test, but sure am glad I haven't wasted money.

My American Collectors is $535.92 yearly on 2 cars. $30k on one car and $10k on the other - Recently swapped to 20k each AGREED VALUE.

100k liability
Uninsured/underinsured Motorist 25/50k
Basic Medical 10k
Comp/Coll $20k each
Towing reimbursement $25
Spare Parts reimbursement $500
$1k deductible
2500 mile limitation
No windshield coverage that I am aware of

Checked with Grundy and was quoted $598.89 -2 cars $20k AGREED VALUE each.
100k liability
Uninsured Motorist 60k
Basic Medical 10k
Comp/Coll $20k each
Towing reimbursement $250
Spare Parts reimbursement $500
No deductible
No mileage limitation

I wanted to add another that is being build but the car must be 80% complete and driveable to be insured.

I'm gonna have to really consider these guys. Is there anything I'm overlooking?

Anyone have them?? Did a quote on mine based on 25k value and 300k liabiltiy and was $383 a year!

That's funny Mark. I just got the same exact quote, lol. I think i'm going with them as I called my Allstate agent and they will not cover it under "agreed Value". I didn't put that much money into it to lose it. Should have done this awhile ago. At least i'll have some 'peace of mind' if the unthinkable happens.

Ken

I contacted Grundy yesterday for a quote for my GSX and WE4. It was only $20 less than may Haggerty cost for the same coverage. At least I checked around with several companies for quotes and found no great savings. Since I already have Haggerty, I plan on just renewing with them.

Back