You can type here any text you want

GSX ebay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It does seem suspiciously low priced. Also lacking details, pictures, and information that would put this in the 15-20k
bracket.
Of course, you cannot see the reserve, which might well be
20k..Until he hits the reserve, he does not have to sell.

If you take a close look at some of the pics you can see either forming rust or alot of poor bondo work. Car does not look smooth from the pics. Also no under hood pics? or interior? Looks to me like its priced a little too high.

I did a little research, the vin says it is a gs350 at best. Posibly a more common v8 skylark. In 70 the only engine for a GSX was a 455. I did notice the lack of pictures of the inside and under hood, along with the aging body work. Has the wrong mirrors, and I believe I see a bench seat.

Don't get me wrong..........I have no problem with clone cars. Just saw where he said it was an original GSX.

Beat me to it.

CANNOT be a GSX with a 350 (unless someone removed the 455 stage-1 and put in a 350 (maybe for gas mileage??? :rolleyes: ))

Probably a GS350 (not worth much) with a spoiler and stripes.

Now, for $6500, with the body in that shape - its overpriced....

Hey John. I have those same wheels. I have a set of 17" on the car now, and a set of 16" I am selling if you know anyone intersted.

That rear seat looks like an 80s G-body cloth seat. Terrible exhaust tips too.

434370Z108129 Is the VIN he listed this is a 350 car true and true. No way it was an original GSX................... ever!!

Originally posted by irockwithdirt
I did a little research, the vin says it is a gs350 at best. Posibly a more common v8 skylark. In 70 the only engine for a GSX was a 455. I did notice the lack of pictures of the inside and under hood, along with the aging body work. Has the wrong mirrors, and I believe I see a bench seat.

Don't get me wrong..........I have no problem with clone cars. Just saw where he said it was an original GSX.

From what I've read even the later 71-2 GSX cars were vin'ed as 455 cars (although there seems to be some conflicting opinions here).

I think clones are great........before I bought my TR I was looking at a puke yellow skylark I wanted to make into a saturn yellow GSX clone. You can use and abuse a clone car with a clear conscience :D

Just sucks when someone makes claims and trys to sell a clone as an original. I gaurntee the high bidder thinks its original ($6500 :eek: ). If U blow the pictures up the body looks pretty ratty. Luckily it didn't meet reserve.

Also the VIN is for a 70 Skylark. Also has a rear bumper from a 72. No front grille pics so you cant even tell if they have a 70 GS grille and the rear spoiler is a reproduction. I think the brush marks are sand scratches from all the bondo on it. If you really want to piss these type of sellers off(probally sold a few items but they invent a new seller name to come across as a newbie"honest Mr eBay I'm new and I didn't know any better" just report them with the facts and no quicker than it takes eBay to read your email the auction is yanked. They've done that to me a few times because my wife and I have had listed items in the wrong catagory(adult content, I would never BS anyone with the automotive stuff) because some parent caught the kids looking are something mundane like that. One thing I've learned is eBay is a spineless entity and the seller(eBay's customer) is always wrong no matter what.

Eric Fisher

Hey Mike, checked out your website.......pretty cool :cool:

Only problem, I'm on dialup and pages load slow......didn't realize my volume was cranked way up :rolleyes:

When the sound came on it scared the crap outta me :eek: :D :p

Ooops sorry !!;) did you go to my cars section and watch the video of my 1018 pass??? its a little scary to watch!!:eek:

HAHAHA
Those pictures were taken at the McGuire Hills apartment complex, I have a friend that lives there. If anybody is interested I can go take another look at the car. Last time I saw it was probably a year or so ago, and it looks pretty nice but not spectacular. About as good as the pictures I would say, but I never really put it under a microscope, just saw it as I drove past.

OK, all I can say is that the guy is a moron. I went and looked at the cat tonight and would have to say that the opening bid is probably the only fair one and that is only if the car is mechanically sound. The body looks like it had an earl schibe paint job (and that is a compliment) over "all original" body panels that still have the original dings and dents. The left rear quarter panel is pretty rough looking and the pictures on E-bay show it but nearly as much as looking at the car in person.

Back to the moron part, he never should have set the reserve as high as he did and should have sold it for the $6500 if the buyer didn't back out when he saw it. I couldn't ever see paying $6500 for that car even if it was a real GSX, it would cost way too much just fix every body panel on it.:( :(

I would but he actuall did represent the car in a somewhat honest fashion, the damage is listed in the description, its just that the pictures do the car way more justice than it deserves.

Besides, the reserve wasn't met so there is no winning bidder, if it goes up for sale again I might just have to go borrow a good dig camera and send out a few pics along with a little proof what the car really is (not a GSX).

I am guessing that the guy probably has sunk a bunch of money into it mechanically but he sure didn't spend much on the cosmetics.

would but he actuall did represent the car in a somewhat honest fashion

Ummm, there isn't anything honest about it. It says "original 1970 Buick GSX"

Its NOT a GSX
Its NOT original anything except a Buick Skylark with "wrong year parts" installed. It "might" be a 1970 GS, but who should trust this guy anyway?

Thankfully it didn't make the reserve.....

Back