You can type here any text you want

H&R motor mounts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Doc Holliday84

Can someone send me some pics of a set of H&R motor mounts. I'm a machinist and have built several sets of mounts for other cars and was considering making a set for my GN but I can't seem to find any good pics of them if someone would be kind enough to either email or text me some pics I would appreciate it very much anthony.kieta@yahoo.com or 724-415-9660 thanks again

I hope you do not take this the wrong way and since you have a low message count I hope to impart some of my and hopefully others wisdom.

HRPARTSNSTUFF has been a supporter of the of the Buick world and this site along with many events for years.

The time and engineering that went into the products he makes is extensive.

Since this is a smaller community, getting manufacturers and Vendors like this is extremely hard.

Due to these reasons I recommend just purchasing a set from him and use them, but I can not and will not support the copying and replication of the hard work and support he has put into his products so someone else can try to save a couple of dollars.

Again I hope this does not make you mad and if it does well I am willing to accept that.

I however am unwilling to support what you are asking to do.

X2. We need to support the vendors who support this site and who support us with their products.And Paul at HR Parts is generous with his knowledge and advice.
I hope you do not take this the wrong way and since you have a low message count I hope to impart some of my and hopefully others wisdom.

HRPARTSNSTUFF has been a supporter of the of the Buick world and this site along with many events for years.

The time and engineering that went into the products he makes is extensive.

Since this is a smaller community, getting manufacturers and Vendors like this is extremely hard.

Due to these reasons I recommend just purchasing a set from him and use them, but I can not and will not support the copying and replication of the hard work and support he has put into his products so someone else can try to save a couple of dollars.

Again I hope this does not make you mad and if it does well I am willing to accept that.

I however am unwilling to support what you are asking to do.

You didn't offend me or make me mad you make very good points those things didn't even cross my mind I didn't mean to step in anyone's toes or anything I appreciate your honesty and I will look into a set of H&R mounts

I'm gonna jump in here and say that doc's not trying to duplicate Pauls design, he's trying to make something himself and not marketing them. Paul makes a damn good mount but some of us what something other than a stock style replacement mount. I'm making my own that's a little different than the HR mounts because I want to drop the engine down some as well as move it back. I thought about doing it for a few years but never found the parts or design I liked until I saw an LS conversion mount posted in the members rides section. I'm not planning on marketing them at all but I will be doing a thread in the fabrication section in the even someone else wants to do something like them.;)

I am glad that you do see our point and appreciate the fact you can see others perspective. Please feel free to ask myself or Paul any questions you want and I will help in anyway.

charlief1 I do beleive in doing things yourself and support that. In this case it seemed though he was not making something from scratch and asking support. He was trying to take someones design and replicate it. That is what I was questioning. As you stated "doc's not trying to duplicate Pauls design". But if you read his original post it reads to me that is what he wanted to do.

Ultimatly I am glad that we can all talk, appreciate others opinions and at least be willing to listen and be friendly about it.

Sure wish the rest of the country could do this.

I see why it looks like he wants to make a copy of the HR mount, but to do that he'd need all the measurements and the parts list, which I'm sure Paul won't give out.;) Even if he had some really good pics of them including measurements, the plate that mounts to the block is a hydro pressed unit and if you're gonna do that for 1 set of mounts then they'd cost more than a set of Pauls would. Not to mention finding the exact same bushings and sleeves for the mount.:rolleyes:

Glad we could have a chat about this but remember, jumping down someones throat thinking he's gonna rip a vendor off isn't always the best way to go about it. The mounts I'm making aren't exactly like Pauls but should cushion the engine a little better for what I've got planned. I have no intention of selling them but like I said, I will post it in the fabrication section when I'm done for those that want to be able to move the engine around in the chasis a little.:D

As mentioned above, I am always glad to help fellow members & racers when I can, assuming they are not going to make a competing product or improved design to market. With that said....

We have looked into this in the past & done some stuff for a few people. The mount that bolts to the engine can't really be shifted any without causing issues trying to get to the bolts to attach it. There is VERY little room between the bolts on the side plates to the bolts going into the engine block. If we changed stuff to push the enging back, you could only attach the mounts to the engine with it out of the car (an even then it's an "if"). It is MUCH easier to remake a frame pad that would look basically like our TTA frame pad & simply shift the main tube back to the position you need. You could easily set any height change there as well. We plan to make them with slots so people can install where they want, since the faster cars are wearing out the stock frame pads & need more adjustment. Also, doing it this way, the new frame pad will still accept the stock mount, our TR mounts, and the TA alum V-6 mounts. You wouldn't need to make new mounts if you make an engine change in the future, or if someone wants to loan you a powerplant for testing :)

If you are buying our mounts, I can help with the tubes & poly you will need for the new frame pads. All you would need is the base plate for the frame pads & weld them up & drill/slot holes to attach. An even easier way would be to get our TTA frame pads & just weld them to a base plate that has the bolt pattern for the TR crossmember. Whatever we can do to help, just let me know. Email works best.
THANKS to ALL for support on this thread & everywhere else! It's tough enough trying to stay in business these days & help support the cars & people we love! We have been taking care of my mom with Alzheimer's for almost 2 years now (for those that didn't know) which is why we haven't had time to come out with too many new things lately. Got big plans & things are coming together slowly, even hope to be racing again soon! (not just my new tow vehicle too) :D

Back