You can type here any text you want

H&R Rear Sway Bar Installation Pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TurboGN

Thought I would post these....

Attachments

• DSC02191 (Large).jpg
    DSC02191 (Large).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 821
  • DSC02192 (Large).jpg
    DSC02192 (Large).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 859
very nice ! Looks like you did their lower control arms too .Let us know how stiff it turns out.

That is one of the favorite things I've done to mine. I've had many people comment about how lever my car launches.

HR Bar

Nice install! Paul HR did an excellent job on designing that bar. It allows the car to launch straight but most of all you will notice how nice the car feels on the street.

I love mine too.... car just flat out hooks.... used to have a lot of wheel hop with my radials....NOT ANYMORE:eek: & PAUL is a GREAT guy too... he gives back to our community. it came with the most complete instructions i have ever seen [and a crayon too]

Mixed feelings about H&R sway bar...

I currently have a similar setup on my GN (H&R sway bar + upper adjustable control arms + fixed lenght lower ca's...). H&R's parts fit and finish is excellent...BUT...since I've installed the sway bay, my car NEVER was able to launch as hard as it did before...:frown: My car used to leave the line with both wheels off the ground but now, it does but only an inch or so. I'm dissappointed of the end result. Yes, it did leave the line crooked with one side of the car higher than the other, but it was FUN and gave a good show ...but not anymore.
Claude. :)

I currently have a similar setup on my GN (H&R sway bar + upper adjustable control arms + fixed lenght lower ca's...). H&R's parts fit and finish is excellent...BUT...since I've installed the sway bay, my car NEVER was able to launch as hard as it did before...:frown: My car used to leave the line with both wheels off the ground but now, it does but only an inch or so. I'm dissappointed of the end result. Yes, it did leave the line crooked with one side of the car higher than the other, but it was FUN and gave a good show ...but not anymore.

did your times improve:confused:

i have heard this once before. my friend says the same thing. i told him to take it off and give it to me but its still on his car :rolleyes:

:D
same times but lauches straight,hummmmm

no, no...What I meant was that I did not gain any e.t. with this bar. Some will rightfully say that it's best to have the car launching straight, but the fun factor is not as good as when the car leaves hard, a little higher on one side and gives a good show to friends and spectators watching. :biggrin:
At least I wouldn't complain if I would have given me some better 60ft. times..but they remained the same...:rolleyes:

Claude:D

I have a heavy ATR style bar. Every once in a while when turning slow I get a big thunk even though it's tight. Never did that with the stocker. Does this setup do that too? I see you welded the brackets to the axle housing too. Did you do the ones on the body too?

I have a heavy ATR style bar. Every once in a while when turning slow I get a big thunk even though it's tight. Never did that with the stocker. Does this setup do that too? I see you welded the brackets to the axle housing too. Did you do the ones on the body too?

It did not recommend those to be welded, but I see no reason why they could not be. I would keep the bolts in it though, because they give you a support piece you cannot see that goes on the other side.

hey i like that sway bar whare can i find one for my t type ?? and how much is it do thay have the front one as well??? thanx guys

Back