Had an Otto tune done today :)

motrhed87

Just want to give Otto a big thumbs up for the work he did on my car today. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet but he also does great work. He installed my new injectors and did a dyno tune and the car feels great! I dyno’d the car last year at Cartek and it made 518 rwhp. Today after 15 pulls (granted 5 were wasted because of a faulty O2 sensor :p) we got it to 549 rwhp thru the mufflers. The car was way too rich when I got there (probably too much alky) and I had a lot of turbo lag. I had the alky pretty much maxed out with my 55# injectors now its set down to the #5 setting with the 72#ers. It drives like a totally different car now, just tip the throttle and it spools right up. My “seat of the pants” meter says I gained like 100hp not just 31. The 2+ hour ride home was fun!

Looking forward to having him swap out my Pro Torque converter for a PTC unit in the near future and make this a real tire shredder. Then it’s off to Island for hopefully a 10.50 run.

P.S. Thanks also to Turbo Tweak for the chip, great job as always.

Attachments

• Otto Dyno Sheet2.jpg
    Otto Dyno Sheet2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 673
WOw those are pretty good numbers for a chip, congrats.

Nice job. We need to know more about your car now.:)

Should have mentioned this was with a conservative 24# of boost and pump gas. And absolutely 0 knock retard.

Nice job. We need to know more about your car now.:)

Here is what I know. I have owned the car for 5 years but did not build the motor.

Limit LT70 turbo
Razor's alky
Precision front mount
Ported factory heads
206/206 roller cam
Diamond pistons
RJC girdle
TH 3" downpipe
3" Mass air with translator
62MM throttle body
Big Mouth intake
Hemco plenum
Hooker catback with test pipe
72# Siemens injectors
Twin Walbro's
Dynotech trans with Pro Torque 3600 stall converter

Here is what I know. I have owned the car for 5 years but did not build the motor.

Limit LT70 turbo
Razor's alky
Precision front mount
Ported factory heads
206/206 roller cam
Diamond pistons
RJC girdle
TH 3" downpipe
3" Mass air with translator
62MM throttle body
Big Mouth intake
Hemco plenum
Hooker catback with test pipe
72# Siemens injectors
Twin Walbro's
Dynotech trans with Pro Torque 3600 stall converter

Sounds good. Do you have any pre-Otto tune times?

Then it’s off to Island for hopefully a 10.50 run.

Chris,
I guess a roll cage is in your future? :biggrin: I am going up to see Otto very soon FOR SURE! Congrats, man!

BTW, I'm going to Island tonight (weather permitting), maybe I'll see you there.

Congrads!!! We dyned the same number at same boost Mine made 550hp 550tq I Just picked my car up from him a few weeks ago. Your right he is a great guy. U should hit 10.5. That's what my goal is as well.

I was also suprised that my Alky knob was only on 5. Idk how he does it but the mans amazing at whAt he does.

So your torque peak was up around 5400 rpm? Is that normal? I have never had mine dyno'd, I would have thought it would have been a bit lower in the rpm range.
Wonder what a PTC converter would change....:)

So your torque peak was up around 5400 rpm? Is that normal? I have never had mine dyno'd, I would have thought it would have been a bit lower in the rpm range.
Wonder what a PTC converter would change....:)

My ptc had about the same tq curve. Max was 5000 I believe. Seems strange I know. At 3000rpms I only had 275tq or something like that. My hp and my tq went up at same rate. And sinse they were same number look almost identical. Hopefully someone with more knowledge then myself will chime in with a reason

Maybe Bc its an unloaded dyno pull?

A lot of what you are talking about is relative to how your convertor couples and also how quick the boost comes in.
On Chris sheet above his Convertor is flashing to about 5200 before it even starts to couple.

Man I wish I had a shop around me in Winnipeg that could do this kind of stuff. I wish I kenw what my car could really do.