You can type here any text you want

Hard pedal, no brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

#1HotRod

All working well, drove GN to work then car wash to prepare for Saturday's show. Coming out of garage early Sat. morning I noticed brake pedal was hard & within one block realized stopping power was 90% diminished. Pedal travel I very short & hard, but stopping distance way bad. Needless to say, no GN at yesterday's (beautiful weather!) show. They are orig. style brakes, I know hated by some. Appreciate comments on what is causing problem & what do I need to do or replace? (I do have some spare parts, hopefully the RIGHT parts!). Appreciate it folks.

Same thing happened to my car a few years ago and switched over to vacuum. Got a master and booster from napa for a non turbo regal for $145 and because I'm cheap, I just did a simple mod to the brake pedal. A non turbo pedal with bolt right up. Brakes work awesome and never have to worry about stopping. It's not original, but who's gn is these days? It's a simple and relatively low cost solution for the aging brake systems on these cars plus fixing the powermaster system is rather expsensive in my opinion. I'd rather use the money elsewhere.

Back