You can type here any text you want

Harmonic Balancer Bolt!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'82turboGN

Hey guys. Quick question. Im checking my timing chain and timing gear but i can't get the front cover off. Need to know if the harmonic balancer bolt is lefty loosy or lefty tighty. I do understand that it is gonna take 220 ft/lbs to get it loose but i didn't want to pull the wrong way. Thanks. P.S. Im sitting in my garage now so it would be nice for a quick response.

It's lefty loosey.

Clamp a set of vice grips on the flex plate and let them hit the engine block, that'll help hold the crank so you can get it loose.

or you can either hit it with a good impact gun, or put a breaker bar on it and turn it so that the bar is againts the frame and then bump the key to turn the motor over. just be carefull.

or you can either hit it with a good impact gun, or put a breaker bar on it and turn it so that the bar is againts the frame and then bump the key to turn the motor over. just be carefull.

:eek: i have done that on other cars just use a good impact

I do understand that it is gonna take 220 ft/lbs to get it loose but i didn't want to pull the wrong way.
It will take a hell of a lot more than 220 ft/lbs to crack it loose. more like 600-800 ft lbs.

Back