You can type here any text you want

Harness connection ID/Digital dash/AC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Still trying to energize a digital dash and digital hvac control.
Found the harness, have dash, and digital HVAC controller, all loose no car.
I have located the dash plug in connector. What I'm having issue is which connectors on the harness go to the HVAC controller.
There are two that have the correct type plug but nothing is making sense. Was there an intermediate harness between the under dash harness and the HVAC controller?
It's been to many years since I removed these items from the ttype.
20240915_155934.jpg

Thanks for that info. I problem have that in the service manuals.
I'm still lost in the woods. Sending a Pic of three connectors that would be possible. Trying to find if it is the correct section of loom.
Note the harness is from an 1987, not sure the year of the hvac control.
The plastic cover being removed from the control is confusing.
20240915_171951.jpg
20240915_171942.jpg

What is a good way to tell I do or don't have a digital wire harness, is the better question

shouldnt matter what dash harness you start with it used same power connectors as manual ac. the harnesses for the climate control was all on the ac box ,
the c237 c368 and c3 connectors are a seperate harness and c3 plugs into center slot of digital controller
the other conenctors are on the ac box harness and conenct the blend door and temp stuff ,
look at wiring diagram and at wire colors in the harness ends and you find that the connectors you think are for dig climate on the main harness are not for that , they are for the optional twilight sentinal

there wasnt c68 for 87 but there was digital dash so if you have an 87 harness it needs to have the second pin connector for the dig dash cluster

heres glovebox view but you should have that in you manual section 8
you can look up the specific connectors in the dig climate hvac section and see the face view of the connector and what wires are in that connector

connector c892 893 and c1 - c2 to controller are a separate harness

Attachments

• c68 glovebox.jpg
    c68 glovebox.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 8
that flat connector you have in your pics is for the steering column.. turn sig harness and wiper connector

separate out the column, ignition switch , brake switch , cruise and radio wire connectors and see whats left
strg connector diagram.JPG

That's my original problem, these plugs are the only ones close to mating to digital climate control.
Those plugs go to the steering column you say. There is no other connectors in the entire harness that are close to being correct.

the two circled wire connectors are the only ones included in the main dash harness for ac (c60 or c68 )
the wiring through the ac box and the sub harnesses are needed and are specific for manual or climate

theres also a lamp socket used only for manual AC controller and in pic you can see it taped up above glove box opening (the c369 arrow line runs over it in pic)

ac connnectors.jpg

Another question, if the main harnesses are alike, The addition of the intermediate harnesses make them functional for other applications, such as the digital HVAC?
I'm just trying to be able to tell a potential buyer, what the applications is for the harness.
I have been advertised this harness as be for a digital dash and electronic HVAC. All along without the jumper harness, that's not true evidently?
I have found the exact connector that plugs in the digital dash.

c68 is an option just like c60 its not part of the main dash, just like power antenna and cruise uses additonal harnesses

there are several main dash harness assembly variations
digital vs analog gauges require the specific harness as does if it has security and sentinal because it requires integration with so many of the main dash wires

Back