You can type here any text you want

Has anyone tried this valve spring removal tool?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
http://www.cottonsperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=VST

I might be needing to do a valve spring R&R in the near future. I have read that Kirbans once sold one but has since ceased selling plus they were known to break the first couple times of using it.

This one sold by Cottons....anyone used it? How well does it work? Looks kind of like you insert a socket in it from one side and push?

Thanks in advance.

This tool works great. I did break the weld on the nut side. Mine didn't have much of a weld there. I re-welded it and was good to go.

Thanks, sounds like you might as well make an extra weld before you use it.....???

Thanks, sounds like you might as well make an extra weld before you use it.....???

I dunno - maybe I just got one with a poor weld. Look it over after you get it and if it needs one just touch it up. Should work fine.

Here is the "tool" I made years ago. Works great, just used it again last week to remove 60# stock springs.

I was using it so much I had it chrome plated! :)

The bottom end of the rocker has been removed to fit around the retainer/valve stem like the one above.

VALVE SPRING TOOL.jpg

Would you mind taking a pic of the area which presses down on the retainer Nick?:)

Thanks Nick, looks like you've use it to change some stiff springs.....the rebar looks like it has a bend right after the re enforcement.

Back