Head gasket issue

rarperformance

It'll go or it'll blow
I have a new rebuilt motor. ARP head studs and Cometic head gaskets. Once it gets to running temp it leaks a little water in the front on the passenger side head. Do I need to replace head gasket? Any help would do. Thanks for your time.

If you do a search there are a lot of treads with the same deal . I myself am going through the same issue with my comitics . I actually just got done re torquing all my head studs . After acouple heat cycles mine did slow down but still leaked . So I will throw in some GM seal tabs tomorrow if it continues to leak

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
Used seal tabs myself. Very very common. Ive seen them leak coolant with a copper coat, with hylomar, with Layers drilled/separated. not separated and dry install. Right RA or not right RA. Its just the way the gasket is. IMO its the water transfer slots and not so much the head studs/bolts. Wish that cometic would used a higher raised embossing around the water port like the felpro MLS gaskets. Or better yet how about Felpro make a MLS for our engines!!!!!!

Last edited: