You can type here any text you want

Head & Intake specs.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I'm putting my motor back together sunday, :) so could someone tell me the proper sequence and torque specs. for the heads (on ARP studs) and intake.

Thanks Sam

Thanks ,I found that after I posted, but I have found 4 different final torque numbers . 60# , 75#, 80#, & 85# anyone know which one ?? :confused:

That almost sounds like the increments I used when torquing my heads. :)

I found so much conflicting information that it made my head spin (pun intended). I was also told that it depends on what heads, what gaskets, how much boost you plan to run, what type of fasteners you're using, what type of lube under the bolt heads, etc. For example my ARP bolts recommended a higher torque if lubricating with motor oil vs their special lube. Stuff like that.

I ended up retorquing to a final 85#. Stock was what, 60 or 70? I don't remember, but it wasn't as high as I'd have thought. Of course, just because I did mine and haven't blown one yet, doesn't make me an expert. Hopefully someone can shed more light on this.

Thanks for the reply . I found a good thread 21 pages deep in this section which said pretty much what you did . Right now I'm letting the heads "rest" at 80lbs after three torque sequences . I think I will finish @ 85lbs on the ARP studs with assembly lube & SCE Titan gaskets .

Thanks again, Sam

Back