You can type here any text you want

Header Gaskets or RVT Sealer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BUFORD93

Is any one using high temp. rvt sealer with no gasket on their headers or just using a standard type of gasket ? I have ATR headers and GN1 Alum. heads.

Thanks

Is any one using high temp. rvt sealer with no gasket on their headers or just using a standard type of gasket ? I have ATR headers and GN1 Alum. heads.

Thanks

If the flanges are not warped you can just de-burr them and use copper rtv. If not order a set of gaskets from RJC. They seal perfectly and dont cause restriction on the race ported heads. Head bolts are accessible without removing the headers also. When you get them be very careful. They are fragile. Remove your dp for the install and use 2 studs with a hex on the end to slide the gasket on and hold it in place while you bolt up the other spots then back out the studs and put in the the 2 bolts and your gtg and didnt ruin you fragile gaskets that seal like no other.

I use copper gaskets and a very thin coating of hi-temp copper RTV sealer on both sides of the gaskets.

Use a gasket. If the surfaces are not flat it will leak. I have been running gaskets on my car for the last 10 years with no leaks or blow outs

i used the rem flex gaskets, they are guaranted to work on any surface.
We’re so confident you’ll love Remflex exhaust gaskets that we back them with a 100% no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee! If you’re not completely satisfied with Remflex exhaust gaskets for any reason, return them within six months after purchase, along with proof of purchase and receipt, and we’ll either replace them or give you your money back!

PN RF13-002 -- Buick, 3.0L ('82-'85), 3.2L ('79), 3.8L ('79-'87), 3.8L Turbo ('79-'89), 4.1L ('80-'85), 2/Set
MSRP $30.99

V6 engine, exhaust manifold/header gasket
i think buickgn has them
http://www.buickgn.com/gaskets.htm

I tried both ways and did not like the fitment of the crossover with the gaskets, I went back to the orange RTV, HTH

Ron

Every Buick I've worked on has gotten orange RTV put in place of leaking gaskets.

Back