Headers For Sbc Into A Gn

GANGSTER

HAPPY WHEN IM BOOSTING!
OK, DONT KRINGE!! I WAS JUST WONDERING HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS SWAPPED A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY INTO A GN? WHAT DID YOU DO FOR HEADERS? DOES ANYONE MAKE HEADERS THAT BOLT RIGHT IN AND IS IT ALSO POSSIBLE TO KEEP THE TURBO WHERE IT IS NOW? SOMEONE HAS TO MAKE A BOLT IN HEADER DONT THEY?

First: Sell the GN
Second: Kill yourself
Third: Make sure you are dead.

Naw look for headers for a Monte Carlo, same dang thing man, though you might want a www.crossmembers.com tranny crossmember so you can actually run dual exhauste. As far as turbo headers for an SBC, none that I'm aware of off the shelf and you will need a drastically different turbo for that much more cubes.

Originally posted by GANGSTER
I WAS JUST WONDERING HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS SWAPPED A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY INTO A GN?

Thought about it once...then friends intervened and got me off the crack. Dude, seriously, reserve that kind of stuff for a regular Regal or other G-Body. Besides, why would you want to? Tired of going fast?

an LT-1 would be a great starting point, but I'd suggest getting something other than a GN, there are enough GN's and T-types that have rusted, wrecked or been smacked to get the critical performance parts off of them and GN's do have a bit of a repuation on the street so if you are going for something to sneak up on people with, get a Regal. If you do want to go LT1 get a Corvette one if you can, they may be more expensive but they make more power, have 4bolt blocks, have the correct accesory drive to drop right in, and make a much better foundation to mod on. Get a 95 or later one if you do get anything else since they have the redesigned opti-spark and converting from a stock OBDII system to an OBDI simply means only using one of the 2 Knock sensors and deleting the rear O2 which you would probably loose with headers anyway.