You can type here any text you want

Headers Headers Headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I need Headers for an 83 T-type, not some cheap off the wall incorrect headers that I have been finding so far. ive seen some online, but i dont think they are compatible with the turbo engine and that they are made for the stock 231 N/A v6. i am looking for something stainless steel, that are good quality, and in the mild performance category. Headers have been the hardest thing for me to find aside from valve covers (that aernt complete trash) and the knock knock guage. plus no mechanic shop knows how to work on my car, and i will keep posting frequently because my car is my senior project and its due soon and i still have to do the bodywork, moldings, and paint it:eek: so i need as many responses and help as i can get for the next few weeks and again :eek:

Ok you would be a pioneer if you made the SS headers for a drawthru turbo setup. to my knowlege no-one makes ANY aftermarket headers for the drawthru especially SS ones.

The 83-85 headers are the same but the only one that WAS making them is pretty much out of business. Poston made a set of mild steel headers that work great from everyones input but if you find a set you'll pay a ton of money for them. Stainless isn't all it's cracked up to be either. They have a tendancy to crack easily.

The 83-85 headers are the same but the only one that WAS making them is pretty much out of business. Poston made a set of mild steel headers that work great from everyones input but if you find a set you'll pay a ton of money for them. Stainless isn't all it's cracked up to be either. They have a tendancy to crack easily.
So headers from an 84-85 should work on an 83? because its thier easier to find than headers for the 83. I also found a set of mild steel for sale for here http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=46_21_33&products_id=1000&osCsid=e3fa52e9aa6c7601b7580eae425d067f would these work?

No. Those are pretty much the same headers I use on my Blowthru regal.
However!!!! I just had a brain storm:
Only two catches. But You CAN use these headers on your factory drawthru turbo systems.
Once the headers are mounted. You will simply have to fabricate your own Up pipe that mounts to the turbo outlet flange on the passenger side header. You could use as much of the original up pipe to help. And the second is you will "probably" have to also fabricate a new down pipe simply because there is a new arrangement of header and pipes on the passenger side of the engine compartment and the stock down pipe MIGHT not fit.
Other than those two things you can use these headers.

I have a set of 83 T-type headers off of my car. They have been welded on and don't leak. They were Jet Hot coated at one time but didn't last. They are boxed and ready to go. What's boxed up is both headers, crossover and downpipe. All for $50obo + shipping. If anyone is interested just email or PM me. Thanks Michael

Back