Headliner Fabric/Sunvisor source

ChrisF

Hey guys - a quick question:

I redid my headliner a couple years ago and just bought the fabric (which was spot on correct) and did it myself. PITA, yes, but it worked out.

Question is: I can't remember where I got the fabric from!!! The same guy offered visor reconditioning service for like $45 - I need to send mine to him to be redone...

I seem to recall him being in Michigan or something like that -

Anyone know who this might be?

Of course, out of all of my receipts, I can't find that one!

TIA

Chris

Just as a tip to those who aren't slaves to originality, for years I have used visors I got from boneyards that were common to midsize GMs like Olds an Cutlass basically up to 1977 model year. The covering was the same as the headliners on that generation vehicle. It was like a slick nylon material, plus have the screw you can tighten to keep the visor from falling down. Well, those visors I got out of boneyards, you could paint with SEM and they hold up far better, in fact, indefinitely, than the crap we have been plagued with on our generation vehicles. I just got a headliner in the boneyard for my 86 El Camino hybrid I'm presently working on. Of course, it came with the crap material on the visors/headliners I'm referring to. I went into my box of visors and pulled out a couple light blue ones where the border stitching was still intact and painted them dark red, which is the color of my interior, and voila! :D

way to go John!

and the youngsters laugh at us geezers, :D

looks good ,
we mod the crap out of these cars, change rims, lower em, etc, etc.
so what if its not original.

thanks John

and the youngsters laugh at us geezers, :D

looks good ,
we mod the crap out of these cars, change rims, lower em, etc, etc.
so what if its not original.

thanks John

Look at this Lee. Someone noticed I have chrome AC vents in my GN and all along they knew GNs never came with chrome AC vents, originally.

I'm so embarrassed! :redface: