You can type here any text you want

Hello All

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TurboRiviera

Im Thomas From Indiana a Former Army MP owner of an 87 Riviera Turbo GNX Clone. Im by nature a FOrd man.. Bu I have always loved Rivieras and Reattas and there is Nothing an I mean nothing more satisfying in this world than watching some daddy's money wanna be racer crying while his girl is laughing after I have smoked his 5.0 mustang. God I hate mustangs.... Messed Up **** That Aint No Good

It has a garrett T5 Turbo with a ported housing. Turbo Was rebuilt by TDI

- Flow Matched 42lb injectors.

- A rebuilt HM440-T4 Automatic Transmission with a shift kit and a transmission cooler and temperature gauge

-Accufab Fuel Pressure regulator

- Walbro 255 Racing Fuel Pump

- 3in Mass Airflow and adapter mod just like the big Grand Nationals

- All custom Turbo and intercooler piping with a Large K&N filter

- Custom Chip Made by Caspers Electronics (R.I.P)

- All Digital Guages and Pillar Pod (Boost/ Fuel Pressure)

- CoolingMist Methanol injection from Snow Performance

- Engine rebuild less than 5k miles ago and I replaced the internals with Grand National 7:9.1 pistons and rings. Also had the head ported

- It has no back seat in it, this is where the water injection tank and pump is. I can run 17-19lbs of boost on Good Gas.

Inside I have a fully operational CRT Diagnostic center, Pillar mounted Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge, Boost gauge, And Below the CRT My Nice non OEM Buick Radio, Trans Temp Guage, Rocker Switch's for the Antennae, Methanol injection, Guage lights, and a 4th switch for looks at the moment.

Hey Welcome, I'm also prior Military Police (way-way back in the day) 212th MP Co. in Germany. (currently Calif. L/E) Any photos of the car?

Pics of the Riv

motor2.jpg

outside.jpg

methanolinjection.jpg

turbosetup.jpg

RivMotor.jpg

interior.jpg

Hit a nag today.. I lost all interior electronics... Just poof and they were gone. No GCC Touchscreen no Radio no dash cluster and all fuses seem intact

There's a thread in the hybred section you need to look at. He built a century turbo FWD and it's insane. He even outlines how he did the tranny and it's a suprise. His is a little more complicated but it will really move. Welcome aboard and I was an MP in the USAR myself.

There's a thread in the hybred section you need to look at. He built a century turbo FWD and it's insane. He even outlines how he did the tranny and it's a suprise. His is a little more complicated but it will really move. Welcome aboard and I was an MP in the USAR myself.

Hooah... The Army Colors are Green and Gold

Welcome to the board and neat project car BTW!

I found an old car magazine article that may be of interest to you. It features a factory-built experimental version of your same car.

The magazine is from Cars Illustrated May/June 1987. Enjoy!

Attachments

• riv1.jpg
    riv1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 103
  • riv2a.jpg
    riv2a.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 99
  • riv3a.jpg
    riv3a.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 96
hmm i wonder if my THM440 is the crappy tranny they are talking about? I got a shift kit and a trans cooler and it is 1 hell bent front wheel tranny. Im still working on a way to dump my Blow off valve back into my intake and mount an intercooler. I just dont have room in the little riviera.... hmm....

im starting to have some issues witrh it that suck... right now my fuel presure is way of the limit, i keep losing dash, CRT and radio..... and my flexpipe keeps breaking

Back