Hello from VtheGNMan!

VtheGNMan

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I have had a couple Turbo Buick's in the past but recently purchased another. This time my TR is an 87 GN. (I had an 84 Hot Air and an 87 T Type Limited before) This is the 1st one I have worked on to any degree, the others were bone stock. I am still getting to know it and trying to figure things out with it and what was done previous to my purchasing it. Over the winter I did an interior replacement of seats, carpet, drivers floor pan.
I wanted to join the forum as it seems there is a great group of guys here who are very knowledgeable and patient with newbee questions.
Also, I have to compliment the Turbo Buick crowd as a whole, I have purchased items from some of the vendors on here and have been treated very well. I didn't know they were vendors here until after I had dealt with them.
A special shout out to Tom Shea who is a club president of the MGNTA association (Minnesota Grand National T type Association). Tom has helped me SO much with detailed explanations of the inner workings on the GN. He has helped me so much I even joined his Minnesota club even though I am in Iowa!
Another shout out to some other vendors I was very impressed with: Nos4Gn, RCJ Racing, TA Performance, TR Customs, Kirbans and SpoolFool. These are all stand up vendors. I know there are separate forums to speak for vendors too but this is a first post to the forum.
I'm sure I will have questions as I get into things more. Thanks for having me!
-VtheGNMan

V,
Thanks for the props. You can do or ask whatever the heck you want in this thread. This is your new guy thread. You own it.;)
How's that black brick running? Let us know if we can help. Post up pictures of your car. If you're not able to, post up pics of your little sister (only if she's cute).:D

Welcome to the site and Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard

Thanks Mike, you are hilarious! The Black Brick is running good. The hard part is figuring out what all has been done that I can't see or identify. Previous owner knew certain things were done but not sure of others. Things like valve springs, injectors- I don't know if they had been switched/upgraded or not. I installed a knock detector and discovered I had some knock issues. So I have upgraded to an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (already had a Walbro 255 pump and hotwire kit) and hopefully that will make sure I have adequate fuel and eliminate my knock. We've had some rainy weather so I haven't had it out since I installed it. I went ahead and installed RJC's Ad plate at the same time. Car has vac brake conversion, cold air kit, alum vac block, scanmaster installed, rebuilt rear end and trans, 2800 stall converter, GNX wheels. I'll post up pics and update profile as I am allowed being a new member.
I gave you cudos on the vendor forum too. I was very impressed with your front fillers. I now see you have a turbo heat shield that is amazing too in the fabrication page. I know some Union tinners so may try to do my own version.