Hello

GT Trooper

Well, I received a notice from the administrators asking me to introduce myself. My name is Emmitt, I've been lucky enough to make it to age 40 and I'm from Southeastern Michigan. I plan to buy a GN sometime this coming spring and became a member to get some tech info and things of that nature.

I currently have a 87 stang and ride a ZX-14. So that's a bit about me, that said, Hello everyone!

welcome to the Darkside...

You'll find a lot of info and helpful people here. Spend some time reading and if you have a question use the "search" feature as it's probably been asked a few times before...

Good Luck with your purchase. You'll love it.

Welcome, Im also from SE Mich. Nice mustang. Be prepared for more attention from the Buick you buy. I dont know why, but people in the metro Detroit area stop to watch a buick go by. I have an IROC convertible, and it doesnt get half the attention as the buick:biggrin:

Welcome, Im also from SE Mich. Nice mustang. Be prepared for more attention from the Buick you buy. I dont know why, but people in the metro Detroit area stop to watch a buick go by. I have an IROC convertible, and it doesnt get half the attention as the buick:biggrin:

Now that will be interesting to see because the Stang turns quite a few heads. Ya know there is nothing like the sound of a big block pulling up. I can't wait to get a GN, I'm about 5-6 months out. You hit any of the regular spots (Telegraph, Woodward)?

Yea, I go to telegraph from time to time. I went to the telegraph and woodward cruises this year. I didnt go to the downriver cruise because I had the tickets for the pinks event, otherwise I'd have been there too. I can take my camaro out, and of course I get looks, but people stop in their tracks for the buicks. You'll see what I mean. And once you go past a couple big block cars, they'll be focused on you as well. I did that to a guy at the telegraph cruise. Big block maverick, we were 3 across at a light and he was trying to pick on a 67 chevelle. When the light turned green I walked from both. At the next light, he only had eyes for the buick. I built @ 5-6 pounds, and when the light went green I pulled a car and a half off the jump and end up beating him by about three. Thats not to mention the gas mileage youll get;)

It's seems our summers were about the same. I hit both cruises and Pinks as well. I sure we were in the same area at some point. Traction and my car do not agree on the street. I've yet to make it to the track yet for a number but I'm expecting low 10's to high 9's with a little luck.

I'll take your word on the Buicks though. You are actually living it but I'm on my way. Hoping to find a low milage 87 when the time comes. Do you have a t-top car? reason I'm asking is I was curious about rattling and wind noise. I'm concerned about leaks obviously but I don't expect it to see much rain when I get it.

unless you plan on taking the Tops off a lot..I would go hard top.....I wish I could have found a hard top in my price range, but could not......they have more con's than pro's IMO....

unless you plan on taking the Tops off a lot..I would go hard top.....I wish I could have found a hard top in my price range, but could not......they have more con's than pro's IMO....

And you say this because of noise or...........

Also do hard tops tend to cost more? Hold a better value?

Mine is a hard top, which seems to be what most people want. I myself dont think it matters much unles you make it an all out race car. I spent two years looking for "just the right one" within my price range. I wanted a T-Top car myself, but found this one in 100% original condition and only less than a palm size total of rust on the whole car. Also was looking for a GN, ended up with a T-Type instead, but am happier with it because I like that it has color choices. I have pics of when I first bought it and what it looks like now in the photo gallery. T-tops or hard top is a personal preference. Some say there is more flex with a t-top car, but if your not using it for race only applications there are braces to stiffen these cars up. Get what you want so you'll be happy with it.

Mine is a hard top. I spent two years looking for "just the right one" within my price range. I wanted a T-Top car myself, but found this one in 100% original condition and only less than a palm size total of rust on the whole car. Also was looking for a GN, ended up with a T-Type instead, but am happier with it because I like that it has color choices. I have pics of when I first bought it and what it looks like now in the photo gallery. T-tops or hard top is a personal preference. Some say there is more flex with a t-top car, but if your not using it for race only applications there are braces to stiffen these cars up. Get what you want so you'll be happy with it.

Thanks for the response. I plan to just cruise this car so I'm seeking an un-modified one. At this time I'd say my first choice would be a t-top car. I'll always have the stang ready if needed ;)

These cars respond well to slight mods. I know mines a stock motor with just fuel pump injectors and a turbo putting me at 12.00's and could go faster if I get the nerve to push it a little more

And you say this because of noise or...........

Also do hard tops tend to cost more? Hold a better value?

I don't really have a problem with noise..I just replaced the rubber!...however I rode in my friends 86 GN everyday to school in 11th and 12th grade (didn't know how lucky we were back then:eek: )...those T tops drove us nuts...and leaked BAD....now I know this can be fixed but its just one of those things that I always think about...and the rubber is NOT cheap....I just think unless you really think you'll use them a lot or just want them I would stay away.....however I would not let them keep me from buying a car if thats all you come across and its in good shape...

I have no idea about value....I wouldn't think so.....

Thanks for the response. I plan to just cruise this car so I'm seeking an un-modified one. At this time I'd say my first choice would be a t-top car. I'll always have the stang ready if needed ;)

It won't stay un-modified!!lol I said the samething...its VERY addictive....If knew I could get away with it I would buy a T-Type to so my GN wouldn't get lonely...

if you want t-tops get em!! when I do take them out I enjoy it!

I'm thinking it will be pretty much a weekend summer cruiser and I know it would be nice riding on a nice summer night with the tops out. That said, I still don't want a ton of noise when they are in I guess.

just baught mine couple of months ago it is addictive welcome as far as t top or not it all depends to what you want mine is a hard top but if i found a t top o well. As far as attention i cant go any where with out people commenting and thumbs up my wife hates it i love it not evey day you see a big bad balck buick