Hello

turbojhybrid

New to the site and to GN's. Wanted one forever now I got one:cool: Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Jeff and I got an 87 GN completely bone stock. I will be upgrading it but I have a couple issues I need to work out first. If anyone has some good advice for a newB my ears are open. Thanks
Jeff

Welcome, and congrats.
I have found that a search answers most of my questions, then most questions are answered by very experienced owners and wrenchers.
Follow the general spring cleaning and preventative maintenance, and you'll be fine.

Scott

Hey Jeff what issues are ya having? Give me a call and we can talk through them.

Hey Brandon, Nothin serious I just got lots of oil and gunk on the underside of the engine. I am pretty sure all I need is some valve cover gaskets and an oil pan gasket. I have completed the spring cleaning and am about to buy all necesary guages and fuel pump and hot wire kit.
Jeff

Hey Brandon, Nothin serious I just got lots of oil and gunk on the underside of the engine. I am pretty sure all I need is some valve cover gaskets and an oil pan gasket. I have completed the spring cleaning and am about to buy all necesary guages and fuel pump and hot wire kit.
Jeff

Welcome.

Jeff

Welcome, and Congrats on the new car.

Keep in mind, these Buicks are going to leak. There is nothing around that. With that in mind, after you seal up the oil pan and valve covers, they still may leak a little.

Good luck with everything. Have fun. :cool:

Welcome, and Congrats on the new car.

Keep in mind, these Buicks are going to leak. There is nothing around that. With that in mind, after you seal up the oil pan and valve covers, they still may leak a little.

Good luck with everything. Have fun. :cool:
Good to know. Thanks:smile:

No problem, also I forgot to say...Buy an oil pan for your garage, they save your garage floor from some stains.

What are your plans for the car? Any pics? Miles? Etc...

It has 141k miles. I will try and post up some pics tomorrow. The interior is in excelent condition and not even a ding on the metal on the outside but it does need a paint job due to some crows feet and fading. My plans are to get it into the mid elevens and still be reliable. I just want to make sure it is running at its peak performance stock before I add any upgrades. So far I have done spring cleaning and replaced all the vacuum lines and a vacuum canister(cuz I broke off the nipple changing the vac lines lol) I will be installing boost fp oil pressure and knock guages soon alon w/ a fp and hotwire kit.

Jeff

Good to know. Glad you got everything in line. You know where to find me if ya have any questions. Talk to ya soon bud.

Brandon

It has 141k miles. I will try and post up some pics tomorrow. The interior is in excelent condition and not even a ding on the metal on the outside but it does need a paint job due to some crows feet and fading. My plans are to get it into the mid elevens and still be reliable. I just want to make sure it is running at its peak performance stock before I add any upgrades. So far I have done spring cleaning and replaced all the vacuum lines and a vacuum canister(cuz I broke off the nipple changing the vac lines lol) I will be installing boost fp oil pressure and knock guages soon alon w/ a fp and hotwire kit.

Sounds like my car. 11's with these cars are easy. You just need to make sure you do things right. Before you start turning up the boost, do a compression (if you already have not) check. Your car might run great now, but once you introduce more boost every flaw will show. I have been there along with 95% of the others on the board. Sounds like your in the right direction. Just keep doing the prep work like your doing and you should be fine.

Also, invest in a Scan Master!!!! You NEED one, esp once you start trying to make big power. See Link for one FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page