HELP !!! 1st to 2nd Gear Shift Problem !!!

Dan Brown

87 GN I bought back in April. TE44 turbo, had stock converter and would shift crisp at WOT if I kept fluid level about one quart high. Had a PTC 2800 Lock-up converter installed and now at WOT it hesitates and shutters and will eventually shift but if is weak and slippy. Part throttle and 3/4 shifts are tire chirping crisp. I have no idea what has been done to the trans before I got it. I had the fluid and filter changed when the converter was installed and the fluid was clean and pan clean. Before I start chasing a rabbit around a tree, I would like some input from your guys the pro's, please !!!

Was there a bottom feeding filter in there and it got replaced with a stock 2004r "top feeder".

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Was there a bottom feeding filter in there and it got replaced with a stock 2004r "top feeder".

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I am not sure, sorry

87 GN I bought back in April. TE44 turbo, had stock converter and would shift crisp at WOT if I kept fluid level about one quart high. Had a PTC 2800 Lock-up converter installed and now at WOT it hesitates and shutters and will eventually shift but if is weak and slippy. Part throttle and 3/4 shifts are tire chirping crisp. I have no idea what has been done to the trans before I got it. I had the fluid and filter changed when the converter was installed and the fluid was clean and pan clean. Before I start chasing a rabbit around a tree, I would like some input from your guys the pro's, please !!!