You can type here any text you want

Help Chosing the right turbos

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOT FAST

Well I got a Stage II off center 3.980 bore 3.4 stroke, aluminum stage heads & sheet metal intake. Im looking for 900-1000 ish hp. Was gonna do a big single but decided to do twins. what do you guys recommend. Thanks

NOT FAST said:
Well I got a Stage II off center 3.980 bore 3.4 stroke, aluminum stage heads & sheet metal intake. Im looking for 900-1000 ish hp. Was gonna do a big single but decided to do twins. what do you guys recommend. Thanks

How much do want to spend? Twin pt66's will get that done easy, or you could do the 67gtq's which will go even higher. Realistically I think a set of 63mm turbos will get 1000 flywheel hp.

Big Stu said:
How much do want to spend? Twin pt66's will get that done easy, or you could do the 67gtq's which will go even higher. Realistically I think a set of 63mm turbos will get 1000 flywheel hp.

Cool. I will start shopping around for 63's Money is not a huge factor considering i have a buttload of money into it allready and im not gonna cheap out now. This is going in a street car by the way :D

NOT FAST said:
Cool. I will start shopping around for 63's Money is not a huge factor considering i have a buttload of money into it allready and im not gonna cheap out now. This is going in a street car by the way :D

Call up precision turbo. They are more then helpfull. Ask if they think 63's will get you there, they might have a better recommendation. I think those would be fine though. Let us know what you end up going with. :)

Big Stu said:
Call up precision turbo. They are more then helpfull. Ask if they think 63's will get you there, they might have a better recommendation. I think those would be fine though. Let us know what you end up going with. :)

63s will definately work. What are your intentions with the car? you really want to use the smallest turbo you can for ease of spoolup. I ran hi 8's at 3400# with 60's, they spooled like mad!

EightSecV6 said:
63s will definately work. What are your intentions with the car? you really want to use the smallest turbo you can for ease of spoolup. I ran hi 8's at 3400# with 60's, they spooled like mad!

Its gonna be more of a street car then anything. somthing i can drive to the track hopefully click off an 8 second pass and drive home. Im getting the details on how to get the 4l80e to work with it now. Thanks for your help guys :cool:

NOT FAST said:
Its gonna be more of a street car then anything. somthing i can drive to the track hopefully click off an 8 second pass and drive home. Im getting the details on how to get the 4l80e to work with it now. Thanks for your help guys :cool:

I would use te44s or te60s.

EightSecV6 said:
I would use te44s or te60s.

Cool, im gonna start shopping around. any idea on where to get them for the best price?

on another note what kind of ignition system are you guys using?

NOT FAST said:
Cool, im gonna start shopping around. any idea on where to get them for the best price?

on another note what kind of ignition system are you guys using?

I found the turbos in my sig brand new for $1000 total. Just search around if you don't want to pay full price. Precision has good deals and their turbos are the best around imo. Good luck. :)

Back