Help...code 31 Wastegate Solenoid

brian

SOLVED...code 31 Wastegate Solenoid

After driving my car today I got a code 31. The check engine light comes on when I get into the boost. Then it stays on. I am also simultaniously getting a code 13, o2 sensor. I have checked the wiring, and replaced both the o2 sensor and wastegate solenoid. And the problem is still there. I am using an adjustable boost control, and the solenoid is not used. But, It is still plugged in. Also, I am using a Caspers heated o2. And have been for 2 years.
I am not having any luck figuring this one out. Any help would be appreciated.

The wastegate solenoid takes its power from the ecm/sol fuse as do the tcc brake switch, cannister valve, ac cutout relay, etc.

I would start by checking to see if that fuse is good. If it is, then the probably is perhaps an open in the purple/white wire that runs from the wastegate solenoid to terminal D3 on the ecm.

I don't think the car would run if it was that fuse, Steve, however I could be wrong.
Does the boost solenoid and O2 use the same ground(through the ecm?)

Originally posted by WarpSpeed
I don't think the car would run if it was that fuse, Steve, however I could be wrong.
Does the boost solenoid and O2 use the same ground(through the ecm?)

I believe it will run tho you lose the functions I listed as well as the egr solenoid.

The ecm pulses the ground side of the solenoid. The O2 is grounded to the uppipe and the sensing side (output wire) does to D7 on the ecm so there is no relationship between them that I can see.

I would suspect the fuse is blown but then the hard part is figuring out what caused it to blow... :)

Thanks VERY much guys. I will check these things out this afternoon.
Brian

Well, it turns out the fuse was blown. I replaced it today, and so far so good! I got into the boost for a few hard pulls and it seems to be intact. Also, the O2 sensor seems to be "reading" better as well. Thanks again for the help.
Brian