Help me decide on a new turbo

so with all the mods you see I have i need to decide on what turbo size to go i know i defiantly want a precision. i want something that will be good for my set up now and when i decide to do more mods and get a bigger stall also. I was thinking 5858, 6262, or 6266 what do you guys think? 11s would be nice now and it would also be nice when i upgrade more not having to buy a new turbo again...
(TTA)
60# injecters tubro tweak chip, alky kit,160 thermostat, power logger, 3inch u pipe ,rjc power plate plenum
100# valve springs, walbro pump hot wire kit regulator, rjc boost controller, fresh trans, fresh head gaskets/stock heads, dual fan bypass, drag radials, 3inch dp ,dutt neck ic
valve cover breather
3in maf kn pipe
torqe brace
aem sideband and boost gauge
62mm ported tb

Last edited:
Ahhh. Thanks. I thought I was losing my mind. Looks like a good list of parts so far. What turbo is on the car now? I would give a very uneducated guess of the 6262, based on the mods. I assume stock headers?

Stock headers aren't a bad thing.. I think you'll need to improve the heads before you need to worry about the headers. I'm gonna stick with my vote for the 6262. Hopefully Bison will wander into the thread at some point...

Stock headers aren't a bad thing.. I think you'll need to improve the heads before you need to worry about the headers. I'm gonna stick with my vote for the 6262. Hopefully Bison will wander into the thread at some point...
thank you. ya like i said i want something that till be okay for me now but in the neat future I will be getting a bigger stall and what not.

What do you run now? V8Killer ran 12 flat with his stock turbo and less mods on his TTA.

Honestly, I think the best mod I see is the powerlogger.. Get to know it. Hang out with it. Buy it dinner. Love it. Make it breakfast. Every other mod will cost you money, but the PL can save you money if you understand it. I am still in the 'Just Friends' phase with mine...

Tune the car, learn it best you can b/f spending coin on a turbo unless it's fubar. Once you get a 12 flat out of it then go for a new turbo.

ya im not even thinking about 10s. 11s is what i want. I'm hearing 5858 is good for 11s but if i get a 6262 i could probably get away with running less boost. need that 3000-3200 stall tho. what u think

Converter and turbo need to match. You could get a stock turbo and run 11's. Put the money you save from the turbo and converter into other upgrades.

A TA49 would get you 11s easy without needing a stall converter. You'll need 24psi or more to see the difference from a stocker.

You have a good setup. I would put a stock turbo on it and log some passes. You might be suprised what it can run. It's all in the tune. Powerlogger will be very imformative if you log a few passes. You have alky so you can ease the boost up slowly until the car quits making power.

My TE44, similar to TA49 and 5857 or 5858, has been deep 11's. Great for the street. 10's is a stretch with a heavy car like mine. You'll like it as long as you aren't afraid of boost. Bigger turbos don't always make more power on less boost unless you have a great flowing motor to begin with. If you have a stockish motor, you'll need the pressure to push past the valves anyway regardless of turbo choice.