You can type here any text you want

Help me identify these brackets please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

regal81455

Im converting my big block over to a GN serpentine setup and Ive got all the brackets, pulleys, etc... but Im not certain where these to brackets go. Can someone identify them for me please? TIA!

Attachments

• IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 159
The Y shaped bracket holds alt and a/c from the front. The short,bent one with the u slot and the one in the second pic go on the alt from backside by the header.

The Y shaped bracket holds alt and a/c from the front. The short,bent one with the u slot and the one in the second pic go on the alt from backside by the header.

X2...Dunno about the big one on the top left corner in the first picture though...:confused:
Claude. :wink:

Thin one goes from a/c to alt on front of engine.
The "Y" round one goes from header to back of alt to top alt ear
Third goes from bottom header bolt to back of accesories bracket/a/c compressor

The largest one is a A/C delete bracket. It goes in the place of the compressor if you do not want A/C. It has a large pulley that goes with it.

The largest one is a A/C delete bracket. It goes in the place of the compressor if you do not want A/C. It has a large pulley that goes with it.

That is a factory bracket for the A/C Compressor , you ALSO use it with the A/C delete pulley.

thanks everyone for your responses!! i actually was only wondering about the little round one and the longer round one in the second pic... the other two were just hanging from fresh powdercoat

thanks again!!

Completely un-related to this thread.... Thats the same exact air compressor I have, just haven't run it yet. How do you like it? Is it loud?

Completely un-related to this thread.... Thats the same exact air compressor I have, just haven't run it yet. How do you like it? Is it loud?

Are you kidding?! Gotta be by far one of the best investments Ive made to date and no its not ubearably loud to me. I had to upgrade because of all the sandblasting I do and it never skips a beat!

Also, I see your from the coal city area - your pretty close! Im in the Herscher area myself.

And to anyone looking at this thread - if one would be so nice as to take a pic of the back side of their alternator so I could **see** what was explained above that would be awesome - i understand what was said but it never hurts to see it too! thanks again!

Also, I see your from the coal city area - your pretty close! Im in the Herscher area myself.

One of my buddies married a girl from Herscher.

I'm glad to hear it on the compressor. I didn't want to spend as much as I did, but Northern tool had the 60gal for $600 shipped, or the 33gal for $450 + $150 shipping :confused:.

The one I was referring to is in the yellow oval....

Attachments

• IMAG0115 ac.JPG
    IMAG0115 ac.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 127
Are you kidding?! Gotta be by far one of the best investments Ive made to date and no its not ubearably loud to me. I had to upgrade because of all the sandblasting I do and it never skips a beat!

And to anyone looking at this thread - if one would be so nice as to take a pic of the back side of their alternator so I could **see** what was explained above that would be awesome - i understand what was said but it never hurts to see it too! thanks again!

I was gonna ask that exact same question. I am going to get that one soon..$600 at Northern.

Also not related ...got your parts quickly..thanks again.

One of my buddies married a girl from Herscher.

I'm glad to hear it on the compressor. I didn't want to spend as much as I did, but Northern tool had the 60gal for $600 shipped, or the 33gal for $450 + $150 shipping :confused:.

Who?? Perhaps I know'em or her.

As for the compressor - you must've gotten one similar but not the same one cuz it cost me $1200 last year. is it a SS5 if so, wow price has come WAYYYY down! :mad:

This is the one Ive got...

FREE SHIPPING — Ingersoll Rand Electric Stationary Air Compressor — 5 HP, 18.1 CFM @ 90 PSI, 230 Volt, Model# SS5L5 | 10 - 30 CFM | Northern Tool + Equipment

It looks like it's come down a little. But you got the SS3 - Im sure you'll be happy with it but I need more volume @ 90psi for the blasting.

Yeah mine is the SS3, hoping I can do some small blasting with mine?

Not sure on her maiden name, but it is now Sara Greene, maried a marine named Corey.

Hmmm...I dunno Im 31 so if she's around my age Im sure I know ( of ) her but anyways....

Im sure the SS3 will handle some blasting but my cabinet wanted 14cfm@90psi and its hard to find something that will handle that kind of volume. Are you cabinet blasting or open air blasting?

Feel free to stop by my place and check out the bracket placement.I'm off 115 at 3000 s rd. big old gray farm house on the right.George

Back