You can type here any text you want

help me make some decisions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wiskyfan

hi all im working on a project car that has a fwd 231 that will accept almost anything from the gns. well what i would like to know is if i have gn iron heads ported and polish and forged pistons what hydro roller camshaft and valve springs should i get to make around 400-450hp with a max of 20psi. running no alky but not out of the question though.

I am a big fan of the 206 206 roller from weber racing. No downsides and made good usable power for a driver. With 941 springs from comp cams I was able to go way deep in the tens with this set up. What are you using for a turbo and innercooler?

WELCOME PILGRIM!!!
Will your transmission hold up to that kind of power? Most trans-axles are limited to 300 hp, unless there has been some improvements over time. I don't follow the front wheel drives.

thanks guys for the advice and for the Turbo size idk yet and I do planing running air to air intercooler.
this fwd engine is going in to a fiero so it need to be a fwd unless I Want to cut my trunk out and use a rwd engine placed longitudinally...sound like alot of work:) so for transmissions I'm limited to the auto that comes with grand prixs gtp. the f23 five speed from a cavalier or the 6 speed from the g6 and all have held over 500 HP with some persuasion ;). what is a good Turbo size for the 3.8 around 400-450.

thanks guys for the advice and for the Turbo size idk yet and I do planing running air to air intercooler.
this fwd engine is going in to a fiero so it need to be a fwd unless I Want to cut my trunk out and use a rwd engine placed longitudinally...sound like alot of work:) so for transmissions I'm limited to the auto that comes with grand prixs gtp. the f23 five speed from a cavalier or the 6 speed from the g6 and all have held over 500 HP with some persuasion ;). what is a good Turbo size for the 3.8 around 400-450.

Ok, that gives a lot of clearity on your goals. As far as the turbo choices, you have a broad choice of old and new tech. Journal or bb, etc. However, not knowing the gear ratios of the trans, tire dia, and convertor choices, may make a differance in the cam/turbo combo choice. Can you fill us in on the gearing and tire size. Bison might be more informed about those specs, and may be better able to give a killer choice.

Back