help me!

richiewwhite

85 t type just got it and its fine just really slow and after about twenty minutes of driveing it it is knocking or tapping and squealing i think its the main bearings what should i do? how much is a rebuild on these cars? anyone wanna buy mine or trade me somthing for it it still runs and drives fine just now im afraid its going to leave me somewhere thanks richie

richiewwhite
The ticking could be the plastic pieces that hold the rocker arms on. They are very cheep to replace. Mine were very worn; I replaced them and it solved my ticking problem. Where is the squealing coming from? The belts?? Also, what might be making you car slow down after driving it for a little bit could be a cracked exhaust manifold? You might also want to check all of the rubber lines; they can cause problems of these cars. There is info on this in the Basic Hotair Info! Thread. It is best if you have the ability and time to work on these cars because it will save you a lot of money. They are well worth it once you get them running right. Plus you always have a lot of guy’s on here to help you figure out problems.

David
:D

the ticking only happend after it was warm for driving a while it sounds bad like knocking kinda the belts i think are squealing but even so my friend had a 92 crown vic and it sounded like this but worse and it died in a week piston threw the block, if i shut it off and then drive in like 30 minutes it will be fine until it warms up again

Check for excessive blow-by, inspect the belts and pulleys, and if you don't already have, put an oil pressure and temp gauge on it to see exactly how much psi ya have and if U'r runnin warm.

That'd be a good start.