Help! New Rebuild - Got Milk

You should consider pulling it and checking the bottom end for loose fasteners:eek: .

You should consider pulling it and checking the bottom end for loose fasteners:eek: .

And check the bearings, anitfreeze will eat bearing like no tomorrow.

When you drop the motor in, put some distilled water in it before firing it.

I made a simple water passage pressure tester for the motor while its on the stand. Very simple.
-Loop the heater tubes together.
-Plug the inlet on the water pump
-Install a piece of rad hose on the outlet on the intake. Fill the motor up with some water. Using one of those radiator pressure testers with the correct adapter, pump away and see if it holds pressure.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Yeah! I'm going to pull the pan and see what's going on. If it looks bad I'm going to pull it. Wish me luck!

Everythings Fine

Pulled the pan, after letting it drain for 24 hours, while I Worked on the new head gaskets. Everything was really clean except the pan. Wiped it and cleaned it with brake cleaner. Re-assembled everything after cleaning, and started it up ran it for 30 min. Car was not overheating anymore, and she ran great. Changed the oil and filter again. I wish to thank all who helped me threw this, as I would dothe same. I think I am going to br doing my own work from now on.

Have to give these guys credit. Fluidin oil.
And not oil......Gotta listen to them JMO....Rob