You can type here any text you want

Help No Headlights,Radio,Interior Lights,Tail Lights,Dome Light

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
I'm Stumped!..

No Blown fuses whatsoever. Half of the Fuse Box is getting power.

Fuse box isnt getting any power for : Radio, CIG/CLK, Ins/LPS,Gauges,Tail LPS neither are the battery slots for constant 12v?

Tail Lamps dont work however when you hit brake they light up.....

The Horn works the car runs and drives scanmaster works AC works Boost / rpm lights up but nothing else?I checked all fuses none are blown!!

Checked Fusible links they look good.. None look burned?

Any ideas? Thinking possible Dimmer switch?

They don't have to "look burned" to be failed.

I cant find a diagram on what each link fuses?

I know the engine fans work
Horn works
Ac works
Tail lps dont work but brake lights come on when pressure applied to brake switch..

I assumed some are tied into the same link wouldnt a fuse go before a fusible link?

Don't have my manual at hand. However, AIRC, 1 link = fan pwr.
2 links power the panel.
Bryan has the right info. If you can't find the links, post back.

Well i have all the shop manual, took some time to analyze the symptoms, no fuse blown means no short between accessories and fuse. So i decided not to dick around and i just dropped the starter to check every single fuse link for any bad contact and or shorts. None were fried up or shorted? I decided to cut the links and rewire them single with inline fuses. While re-wiring them i noticed one of the links was making a bad contact right after the butt of the link where it meets the smaller gauge wire. Seemed a little deteriorated or something not burned though look stretc Even when i would check it with the test light it would show power on both ends since i was helping the contact when testing it with the light. Didnt get a chance to put the starter back on last night but i do think i have tackled the culprit.

Checked all grounds etc got a chance to clean up the oil pan area and re-paint the crossover pipe. Hit the grounds on the head with brake cleaner all seemd nice and tight so when i get home later i'll re-install the started and test it out.

Well i have all the shop manual, took some time to analyze the symptoms, no fuse blown means no short between accessories and fuse. So i decided not to dick around and i just dropped the starter to check every single fuse link for any bad contact and or shorts. None were fried up or shorted? I decided to cut the links and rewire them single with inline fuses. While re-wiring them i noticed one of the links was making a bad contact right after the butt of the link where it meets the smaller gauge wire. Seemed a little deteriorated or something not burned though look stretc Even when i would check it with the test light it would show power on both ends since i was helping the contact when testing it with the light. Didnt get a chance to put the starter back on last night but i do think i have tackled the culprit.

Checked all grounds etc got a chance to clean up the oil pan area and re-paint the crossover pipe. Hit the grounds on the head with brake cleaner all seemd nice and tight so when i get home later i'll re-install the started and test it out.

That's the problem w/ checking w/ a lite. One strand of wire left in a bundle, will show continuity.

Back