You can type here any text you want

help on 20" rims

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

510TURBO

ALKYHOLIC
can anyone share their experience with 20's ( suspension, tire size, width of rim, pics and etc...) thinking of putting on some 20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear, 4.75" backspace, trying to bolt right on.was thinking of 22's but need more tires for performance. thanks

can anyone share their experience with 20's ( suspension, tire size, width of rim, pics and etc...) thinking of putting on some 20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear, 4.75" backspace, trying to bolt right on.was thinking of 22's but need more tires for performance. thanks

You want performance out of a 20" tire? It aint gonna happen. If you want the car to handle and make it down the track without burning the tires off then don't go over an 18" but you're still better off with a 17" or a 16" tire.

Dont have 20s but 19x8(245/35) and 19x10(305/30) lowered with Bilsteins and it rides pretty good.

Newstance017-1.jpg

I`d go as big as 17,18"... maybe 19"... bigger is not better:biggrin: I`m planning to get 5 spoke 17" or 18" low pro with a set of 2" drop springs on my 78... I think that would look best.

DO WHAT YOU WANT!!
I run 20" and have had no better or worse issues than the 16" street tires I was on. (I can bake them both). I am lowered a bunch so my BS #s are off (Drop spindles change everything, and I have rear discs that also changed the rear BS)
Here is the thread link to my set up;
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...heels/287246-pics-car-lowered-new-wheels.html

Wow! Nice wheels! I`m looking for wheels just like those:biggrin: What tires do you have? If it rides nice... maybe 20s wouldn't be to bad:D

Wow! Nice wheels! I`m looking for wheels just like those:biggrin: What tires do you have? If it rides nice... maybe 20s wouldn't be to bad:D

Mine are Boss 338s....20s when low look like 18"s barely lowered. I really dont think mine look HUGE. All the specs are in the link I posted, mine rides like a champ, but w/ 30 series tires you do feel the road a bit.

hey Greg...I'm looking at doing some 20s for shows only...same thing a Boss 5 spoke with 255/35s and 245/30s on 20x8.5s. How does it turn? I know my fronts will still be 26" so I would think it would be just fine. But i gotta ask.
I got my Convo Pros in today for the track...

Mine are Boss 338s....20s when low look like 18"s barely lowered. I really dont think mine look HUGE. All the specs are in the link I posted, mine rides like a champ, but w/ 30 series tires you do feel the road a bit.

Very nice! I still drive my 78 as a daily driver, so I don`t want to go to crazy with it, until I get a beater to drive around in. Then I want to do something like what you have. Looks great:biggrin:

hey Greg...I'm looking at doing some 20s for shows only...same thing a Boss 5 spoke with 255/35s and 245/30s on 20x8.5s. How does it turn? I know my fronts will still be 26" so I would think it would be just fine. But i gotta ask.
I got my Convo Pros in today for the track...

Mine has issues truthfully. My front is lowered 4", so I had to do high offsets and then I am cutting the fenders to the flare and doing GNX flares (OEM style attachment). This will allow it to ride super low...its lower now than the pics on here, and get back all the room I sacrificed.
If you do springs only to lower it, not spindles, you will be fine. btw, I did 10" rears w/ 275/30s...no prob at all.

18's final answer

looking for 18's because i do not want to feel every pothole in the road:biggrin:thanks guys for your input:smile:

My wheels are 19x8.5 and 9.5 they are actually BMW aftermarket Racing Dynamics brand. I love the look but the front rub slightly on big bumps. As mentioned the tires lack traction I can light them up at will. I actually am considering selling them and going with 16s or 17s so I can run some street slicks.

My blue t had 17's in front and 18's in the rear with nitto 555. They looked great, I think? It drove perfectly.:)

Attachments

• l_098735e237404c0cb0c21bcb26be7d7c.jpg
    l_098735e237404c0cb0c21bcb26be7d7c.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 612
  • l_00a440bc144f4c16b1ddadd8772967d9.jpg
    l_00a440bc144f4c16b1ddadd8772967d9.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 620
My 19's handle well drive wise... pot holes, turns, u-turns, speed bumps etc. But no traction, if I take it slow and never give more than 65-70% throttle while rolling I'm good, from a stop light if I give 35% or more throttle I'm sideways and this was with my old turbo, headers, and DP I could only imagine how it would be now. I have 16" GNX style wheels on now with MT street radials. I don't like to count other peoples money but if I were you I would buy the 19" or 20's for the look with the stickiest tire you can find and just put some street slics on your stock rims for when you want to smoke somebody.

also they sale drag radials for 20''s now thats another option for traction
Do they have anything less than 40 series yet? Technically we need 275 or 285 30s to stay plus 5" w/ in an acceptable range.
If they do a 275/35 I'd get them today, I can go sideways at a 45-50 mph roll on my current set up.

not sure but ill check with my buddy,thats what i first seen them on.

update he said nitto has a 305/35

Back