You can type here any text you want

HELP! Please.. I have pic, what's missing?!?!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Ok, my car is finally all back together, but it's running like crap. Under boost it dumps fuel and bogs. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a vacuum line.. Here's the picture, what else goes on this nipple? We couldn't find any missing hoses or anything lying around!

Help me please!

Jun09074.JPG

It's the connector with the red dot on it.... You can clearly see the nipple...

Nothing. Well a foam filter goes there but you can leave the way it is.

So it's just open like that?

Crap... What could be my problem with the car smoking and running like crap.

Fuel pressure, bad O2, bad MAF, leaking MAF connection, wrong chip, bad ground, etc. Could be a bunch of things but check the easy stuff first.

Ok, well I checked all the hoses.. We did the laquer thinner cleaning process in the intercooler... My friend told me it may just still be that stuff running through and it'll clear up, but I'll unhook the MAF, and rehook it back up and let it all reset... I just can't think of anything else that was touched. The car was running great, and then we did the tranny fluid, and then cleaned the intercooler...

Well I just checked all the hoses again and went to drive it. I went out let it run for a little bit then when I got on it it spooled a little but then dropped off and sputtered. I tried again and all it did was sputter. You can feel it gettingready to go but then it just won't let it. The front end falls really hard and it almost sounds like the turbo spools a little and then quits as the sputtering.

if your using the stock wastegate set-up, check the plastic "y" connection that goes to soleniod and actuator. it should be orificed- i replaced the vac lines one time and used a regular fitting and had very similar problems. hope this helps!

I've had the same problem you have. Mine was intercooler hoses. Just check to make sure the clamps are behind the flanges and they are good and tight.

runs bad

Try checking the fuel pressure and volume. I had a similar problem, and a Walbro 340 took care of it!

Back