You can type here any text you want

Help Requested on Knock Retard on My E85 Turbo Trans Am

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So I go to the Shell gas station in schaumburg tonight to get some e85 and tested it. Think I may have found a culprit.

I also did a test run from 50. I'll upload the file soon. KR was 4.4.

But I've never seen e85 this low. Looks like e55!!!!! Anyone else ever seen this?

That's scary :eek:. Looks like it's time to get a tester. I'm curious, probably a dumb question but what method do you use to the fuel into the little tester tube? Bring a funnel to the gas station and just squirt a little in?

I've got an on board ethanol analyzer and display on mine. I've seen lots of variance in E content. Sadly it's rare I see anything as high as E85. Low has been 76.

That's scary :eek:. Looks like it's time to get a tester. I'm curious, probably a dumb question but what method do you use to the fuel into the little tester tube? Bring a funnel to the gas station and just squirt a little in?
I use one of those methanol primer bottles with the little tube sticking out of the top. Makes it easy to fill the test tube.

I saw an energy constant on my FAST this morning after a fill up of .680, still E85 here in cincy

Last edited:
Man we are so lucky here in kansas. Every time we check ours it's around E90! I didn't know it could be below e70.

Seems like Shell is about the only place where we find really low ethanol content.

Back