Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

Twister, you got me thinking this weekend, I passed on the baconator combo Saturday, and I do love a baconator! Thought I'd rather make another donation here instead of clog my arteries! Such an awesome thing to be a small part of! Coach and scot, kudos to you guys and all the members and vendors for stepping up and making s&#t happen for Clay, absolutely can't wait to see the finished product!!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry for the poor video quality. I thought the iPhone would do better. We will get a better camera for the next installment.

Nasty Clay, call me at the house when you get a chance. I went over what we talked about the other night and I got you an intake, timing cover, pan, and a couple other bolt kits made up for when you take the bore-O-scope to your engine.

I need a couple of specifics on your build to make sure I get it right the first time.

Shaft

Here is a silent auction of a hand painted painting by one of our own Buick members, All proceeds of this auction will go directly to "Clay's Car Fund".... As of right now the auction is up to $250.00

2x4 canvas, Hand drawn and painted by me impressionistic style.
Remember all proceeds go to this cause.
High bidder and winner's name will be kept silent.
You've seen my logos everywhere, you've worn my art on T-shirts Now u can hang this crap on your wall!..lol

Mcasteel painting.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/index.php?...kecasteel2112?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

Thanks for all you do Mike! ;)

Dropped another donation for you Clay, Coach, and Scot. You guys are awesome for pulling this together. Wish I lived closer to you guys.

Wow guys, Coach sent the title for the roller and it arrived today. Talk about a reality check. I wanted everyone to know that I'll be working on getting the paper work in order and placing FULL COVERAGE insurance on it pronto. If anyone has had a car fully insured DURING the restoration could you please give me some feedback on how to go about aquiring that. At the moment the roller doesn't have a front cap so I don't know that the pictures method would work??????? I plan to have the paperwork in order and the license applied for on Monday. Thank you is not enough to express my gratitude.

Clay, who do you have insurance with? I have State Farm and anything that is in parts and in my garage is covered under my homeowners policy. Most auto insurance won't insure a car that is not drivable and at least 80% complete.

Clay, who do you have insurance with? I have State Farm and anything that is in parts and in my garage is covered under my homeowners policy. Most auto insurance won't insure a car that is not drivable and at least 80% complete.

I'm with Louisiana Farm Bureau, I'll be making the call to them on Monday.

Given it's age, it may be possible to get agreed value coverage while it's being restored. As the process moves forward, you can increase the coverage. Once it's on the road, the coverage will then be moved to include all the "on the road" type items you need. I did this w/ my 55 Chevy, thru Hagerty. Full, $50K agreed premium is currently only $443.00/yr.

The other way is to get an appraisal of where the car stands right now and update it from there until complete.
I'll check with my collector ins co and ask.

Given it's age, it may be possible to get agreed value coverage while it's being restored. As the process moves forward, you can increase the coverage. Once it's on the road, the coverage will then be moved to include all the "on the road" type items you need. I did this w/ my 55 Chevy, thru Hagerty. Full, $50K agreed premium is currently only $443.00/yr.

The other way is to get an appraisal of where the car stands right now and update it from there until complete.
I'll check with my collector ins co and ask.

Great info/tips. I'll be on it.

Hey guys,
We need to keep passing the word on this. We still need to collect more funds for this. It's gonna take more then what we have so far.
Also...we really need to find a way to get Clay's burnt car up to Shawn in Pittsburgh...or a least get it to Scot on Knoxville. Shawn needs to pick it clean of any good items to keep the cost down from buying things we do not have. Transport fees will be cheaper then buying the items that are still good on Clay's car.
We need members who can help us chain together the distance and get this finished.
Once Clay's car is in Pittsburgh...this will go quick.
Please help us.
Thank you all

Sorry I haven't jumped in hear sooner, been dealing with my own personal issues this whole summer, count me in for a polished MAF pipe and cold air kit. Just need to know what he is going to be using for a MAF sensor and what turbo inlet size.
Thank you Mark. I'll get the info, or Clay may read this and PM you. He did have a FAST, and no MAF, but its burnt. Another vendor is working on getting it replaced.

Sorry I haven't jumped in here sooner, been dealing with my own personal issues this whole summer, count me in for a polished MAF pipe and cold air kit. Just need to know what he is going to be using for a MAF sensor and what turbo inlet size.
Mark,

Thanks for your donation to Clays car build, it is Much appreciated! ;)

I live in NW Florida and will be acquiring a car trailer in the next couple of weeks. If we can work out a weekend to do it, me and a couple of friends can go get Clay's car and take it as far as Scot in Knoxville if that would help out.

Awesome Mark thanks. I'm sending my XFI back to Cal tomorrow so I'll be waiting on the word if he can work some magic for me. I'll let you know what the set up will be as soon as I know. Your Big Mouth Cold Air Kit is one of the first mods I did to my car. You told me that mine was the first one you'd done for a TE series turbo. That's been awhile huh? I still have that kit and I ran it from the day I got it to the day the XFI went on and have been very satisfied with it.

OK guys in our little town the Justice of the Peace is the guy that handles title transfers. I told him the story of what went down with my car and how you guys responded and that I now have to get the title of the this car put in my name. He said that since it was a 'Charity' type donation that it would only cost $140 to do the transfer. He told me to bring it in on Wednesday after 4pm and he will handle it. So that is all but done. He'll give me temp papers to drive on until the new title comes in. Those temp papers will suffice for the insurance company so the plan is to go to the insurance office after I get the temp papers from the title transfer. I wanted to keep you all posted on this so that you know I'm not trying to fall into the same SNAFU that got my car FUBAR'ed. Weather has been an absolute witch. Its been raining off and on. I go to the shop every chance I get but the weather is not giving me a chance to work for very long before it changes and rains. I have managed to get the car moved onto a slab and get the engine ready for removal. If the weather holds up tomorrow I will get the engine and tranny out as the only thing that needs to be done to remove it is to unbolt the motor mounts. Everything else is disconnected and ready for removal. Just wanted you all to know that I'm not just sitting here doing nothing and waiting for you guys to do everything for me. My goal is to be as involved as Coach will allow me to be. LOL.:D

Wow Casey that is one hell of an offer. I have no problem with that. I'm sure Coach will let you know if that plan works. He is running this show so its best that I leave the logistics to him. Let me express my gratitude for that offer whether Coach take you up on it or not. Thanks.

Awesome Mark thanks. I'm sending my XFI back to Cal tomorrow so I'll be waiting on the word if he can work some magic for me. I'll let you know what the set up will be as soon as I know. Your Big Mouth Cold Air Kit is one of the first mods I did to my car. You told me that mine was the first one you'd done for a TE series turbo. That's been awhile huh? I still have that kit and I ran it from the day I got it to the day the XFI went on and have been very satisfied with it.

OK guys in our little town the Justice of the Peace is the guy that handles title transfers. I told him the story of what went down with my car and how you guys responded and that I now have to get the title of the this car put in my name. He said that since it was a 'Charity' type donation that it would only cost $140 to do the transfer. He told me to bring it in on Wednesday after 4pm and he will handle it. So that is all but done. He'll give me temp papers to drive on until the new title comes in. Those temp papers will suffice for the insurance company so the plan is to go to the insurance office after I get the temp papers from the title transfer. I wanted to keep you all posted on this so that you know I'm not trying to fall into the same SNAFU that got my car FUBAR'ed. Weather has been an absolute witch. Its been raining off and on. I go to the shop every chance I get but the weather is not giving me a chance to work for very long before it changes and rains. I have managed to get the car moved onto a slab and get the engine ready for removal. If the weather holds up tomorrow I will get the engine and tranny out as the only thing that needs to be done to remove it is to unbolt the motor mounts. Everything else is disconnected and ready for removal. Just wanted you all to know that I'm not just sitting here doing nothing and waiting for you guys to do everything for me. My goal is to be as involved as Coach will allow me to be. LOL.:D

Wow Casey that is one hell of an offer. I have no problem with that. I'm sure Coach will let you know if that plan works. He is running this show so its best that I leave the logistics to him. Let me express my gratitude for that offer whether Coach take you up on it or not. Thanks.

Anything I can do to help you guys, all you got to do is ask. Me and a few buddies met Dee from NC at Richard's place back in May. He said you were a stand up guy so that's good enough for me. By the way, I'm also an insurance agent and I write for Hagerty Insurance. They DO cover cars that are being restored with value evaluation every three months or so. You might want to check with them also.

Anything I can do to help you guys, all you got to do is ask. Me and a few buddies met Dee from NC at Richard's place back in May. He said you were a stand up guy so that's good enough for me. By the way, I'm also an insurance agent and I write for Hagerty Insurance. They DO cover cars that are being restored with value evaluation every three months or so. You might want to check with them also.

Hagerty is on the list of companies I'll contact. Thanks for that info. Dee is a cool guy and I'll always be grateful to him for our spoiled rotten pup. Thanks again for your assistance.
Clay