You can type here any text you want

Help with header leak.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

Ok I have a friend with aftermarket headers but has no idea what kind as they came on the car. He has had them milled for trueness and currently has over the parts counter gaskets since it leaked aweful without them. It's as bad with gaskets. It seems to be leaking at the right front port. I've looked at TR's Remflex gaskets and RJC's gaskets but need input on what to start with. Hopefully someone here has experienced either of these header gasket sets. Thanks very much.

SCE coppers.. only way to go. Never had a set leak when others would blow.

Sounds like the heads are a little rough David. You need to look there first before you condem the headers.

Ive seen where the weld has cracked around the inside of the header flange. You cant see it unless you remove the header and examine from the inside.

HTH

I'll have him check the heads. The car has ran numerous 10.80's prior to purchase so I imagine theres some port work done. Yes they leaked after being trued. Guess I'll go inspect everything when their off again. It's a rather bad leak.

Back