You can type here any text you want

HELP!!! with powermaster leaking fluid from cover when brakes applied

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

piece

went to get the car out of storage today and the brake light came on and nobrakes,brake fluid coming out of the resivor cover when brakes are applied looked at the power master trouble shooting guide nothing mentioned about this no tear in rubber gasket that seals the top cover to resivor????? ANY HELP would be appreciated.jim

Don't panic just yet clean out the reservoir put new brake fluid in only fill in about an inch and a half from the bottom. I think your reservoir was over filled. Once you press the brake pedal a few times you depressurize the system so the fluid that was in the motor comes up to the reservoir. Once you fill it up and turn the car on. It might suck some fluid down have some brake fluid ready if it does.

Do the proper level check and pump the brake pedal 10-13 times with key off and THEN check the fluid level. It'll suck a bunch down when you turn the key on but that is the proper level of operation. There isn't much in the pass side of the res when it's on and primed. It's been awhile since I had to maintain a powermaster though.

thanks to all got the pedal back and most important light is gone now i can start spring cleaning:).thanks again jim

Back