Here is the '84 Regal thread.

HPIM0571.jpg

HPIM0572.jpg

My catch can I made for $0 along with a cold air box also made for $0

Where did you find the 2 different Weiand intakes. I remember the 1 with the EGR but the other 1 I never new about until recently. Nice stuff for sure.

A lot of hunting! and Luck. The really clean one is a weiand x-celerator. It even has some crazy facts like the real flange under the adaptor is a 4500 dominator style flange with cut out provisions for a perimiter plate nitrous system. It's just like it is when I bought it(with one exception port matching) and It already had the smaller 4150/4160 holley square bore adaptor on it I don't know if they come like that from weiand I never really researched it. All I did do to is was port match the runners.
The other intake manifold that I am running is pretty rare it's the 2nd one I have ever seen. The research I did on it taught me that it was the first aftermarket intake manifold to use air gap technology co-engineered by the late Smokey Yunick. It is almost identical to the x-celerator but the coolant/thermostat plumbing is different, 4150/4160 square bore flange only and obviously the air gap along with the lack of egr, Even though the x-celerator manifolds EGR is factory plugged by Weiand

Cool stuff. I found the rare one on a web site in Aussie land for about 250 Austrailian but they didn't say whether they would ship to the US or not. Been thinking about it for one of my ideas. My wheels always seem to be turning but I never get anywhere.lol

Just got my hands on this intake for 51.00 brand new. Hope its worth it. Haha. I am also sticking with the Q Jet for now. Was it tough to find those gears? Also what can did you use in it?

Very cool! Reminds me of when I had my 78 Sport Coupe. Changed carb, 75 shot, was fun while it lasted.:eek:
John

Thanks guys. Good to know.
I'm running a stock '87 GN camshaft for now, Mikejustowns
No the gears were easy to find, even though they are not really for that series carrier, but I can't notice with the ring spacer.

Well thats good to know. Did you have to trim the heads at all?

I am trying to do something very similar minus the turbo.

I put lt1 valve springs on the heads that's it. I used 8445 casting heads which I recommend.

Update! the engine is coming out of this car within the next two days and the newst engine I'm building which can be found in the "B4 black" section, will be going on it's place with MY whole stage 2 setup.

Duplicolor Mirage is on the valve covers. I think it's been out of production for sometime now, double check. I had some leftover from my brothers Bike that I painted for him.

The other intake manifold that I am running is pretty rare it's the 2nd one I have ever seen. The research I did on it taught me that it was the first aftermarket intake manifold to use air gap technology co-engineered by the late Smokey Yunick. It is almost identical to the x-celerator but the coolant/thermostat plumbing is different, 4150/4160 square bore flange only and obviously the air gap along with the lack of egr, Even though the x-celerator manifolds EGR is factory plugged by Weiand

Found another one on the BPG site:
>>>Weiand Smokey Yunick #7542 intake manifold<<<<
Guy wants to use it on an odd-fire on his jeep. It's not gonna fit is it?

The 7542 Is intended for and should only bolt onto Even fire engines. That is the exact part I run in my car, Walt.

Thank you, VKREGAL

Should have this back out and street legal 2nd week in May. looking to go visit the track as well as the chassis dyno.