Here Is The Official Manual Trans Thread!

Links I posted above have everything you need to know about stick conversions on a G body. Many of the parts are production pieces.
As far as your post on building a high revving Buick, you will need to research that one some more. Stock blocks, cranks and rods wont do it as the stock bottom ends cannot take the loading of high engine rpm. The 2 bolt caps walk at high horse power levels at rpms under 5500 and the stock crank flexes at these same levels. I would cringe to think what would happen to the stock cast iron rods at 6,000. To build an engine as you suggested would require a Stage or TA block motor with good rods, crank, etc.
Not sure how many people have the bottomless pocket to build such an engine, but figure $10k plus for that.
The jist of all the threads posted have revolved around guys trying to do a stick conversion on the cheap because they dont want to spend the money on a good automatic or because they think it will be fun.
In a perfect world a stick shift Buick would have the above mentioned engine, with an XFI set up and a high quality gear box with properly selected gearing.
95% of the Buick guys dont have that kind of budget to work with.

I'm Going To Jump On The, "i'll Try This In The Winter Bandwagon". I'm Goin To Suck It Up For Now And Go With An Auto Rebuilt By A Pro!!

Stock block is good to at least 6000 rpm.
My father's actually had his stock short block up to 6500 rpm several times as a result of a slipping transmission, and that's in a high 10 second car.
There are several people in the 9's with 109 blocks (most with girdles to strengthen the bottom end).
With Stage blocks, several people are revving beyond 8000.
But with the torque these engines make I think 6500 rpm should be more than enough to get a ~3200 pound car into the low 11's.

I'm Goin To Suck It Up For Now And Go With An Auto Rebuilt By A Pro!!
Have you talked to Russ Merrit? He might be able to build a tranny for you that will meet your needs.

Alright I got a late model S10 and a 86 GN cold air motor and was wonder If I could take a 200r4 and transform it to a manual....or is there a manual trans I can use and setup so I can have a 4 or 5 spd truck hell even a 6 spd would do???? someone please help....

Alright I got a late model S10 and a 86 GN cold air motor and was wonder If I could take a 200r4 and transform it to a manual....or is there a manual trans I can use and setup so I can have a 4 or 5 spd truck hell even a 6 spd would do???? someone please help....

Where's Chris718 when you need him? LOL:confused::biggrin:

Transform an auto to a manual?????? What are you, like 13 years old????

i heard the 2004r clutch plate and pressure plate are rare

you could stick any auto or manual trans you want behind an 86-87tr engine, for a manual just need a flywheel and a bop bellhousing or an adapter plate

for auto you could get manual valve bodyon a 2004r or th350-th400 but its still an auto trans with a torque converter thats no wheres near like a manual trans with a clutch pedal