Here we go

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
Polk Audio db651 6.5" coaxials in door panels, db351 3.5" coaxials in the dash. Planning to use an 8" sub in the trunk as well as a trunk mounted 75x4 amp, bridging the second channel for the sub. It should be simple but good. Made some nice door pods over the past couple of weekends. Did not have to carve up the panels either though I did glue foam baffles behind the speakers for sound improvement.

I slid the dash speakers in through the dash holes and then spaced them downward 1/4" to clear the tweeter. If the windshield were out it would have been a 10 minute job. However that was not the case. Here are some pics:

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

Sounds like a plan. I'll tell you this, if I ever get a chance to work on my car with the windshield out I'm going to swap my left and right front speakers around just because I can. Are you doing just radio power on the 3.5" or do you have bass blockers on them and amp power?

I will run the doors and dash off the amp on the front channel. The dash speakers came with bass blockers but I do not know the crossover frequency yet. However I will probably use them anyhow. There will be a sub somewhere powered by the rear channel bridged. It is a 75x4 amp and I think that should be sufficient. I just like a full sound, no boom music for me. The rear shelf speakers will just hang there unplugged.