You can type here any text you want

Hey All!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

93parkave

93parkave
hi my name is Brandon i am fairly new to the 3800 world and i'm having a big problem. I have a 1993 buick park avenue and i love this car to death but i'm having a hell of a time finding parts which i'm pretty sure there are none for it so besides switching engines or supercharging it what modifications are even possible to do to a series I 3800. any help would be great also if anybody knows of a parts park ave for sale let me know.
thanks a lot

Parts? Rocker arms and hypertectic pistons. That's about it for the series 1. If you want to do some performance mods consider a series II swap. The series one is a good motor but the aftermarket is just not there.

thats what i figured i want to swap a series II in it but the funds just aren't there yet. i've been hearing that there are a lot of parts you can adapt on it from other gm cars but nobody has given me any info on what parts those are? where would i find the pistons? i found a nice set of zzp rockers for a decent price. also how hard would it be to swap a series II in the park ave? thanks for the help

The series II swap is pretty straight forward, pull the series I and throw in the Series II. Of course misc. electrical connectors will have to be swapped/modified and you'll have to locate the proper motor mount for your application. As far as interchange of parts, if you mean performance parts then not much will interchange (as a direct bolt on anyway). If your trying to get much more performance than stock you'll need to upgrade the trans. They hold the stock power..... barely.

yeah my tranny is goin out bad right now as it is the fluid smells like burnt popcorn... yeah this grandma car takes a serious beating delivering pizzas!!! ;) I talked to the guy who is rebuilding my tranny next week for an extra 150 he is gonna pretty much make it a 4t60-e hd for me so i've been looking at just swapping in a series I s/c but the tranny is already puttin me back 1750 so i think that can hold off for a while. thanks for the help!!!!:D

Back