You can type here any text you want

Hi 9's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pittman

Well I wont have the car out of the chassis shop until march. So Im getting the engine and everything together. I went to the BOP a few weeks ago and got some great ideas.

I want to run 9.90's with full accesories but not full weight. I have the fiberglass bumpers and fenders and hood on the list at the chassis shop. THe car need to be street driveable but not a daily by no means. Ive heard good and bad on the stage II heads. I know I will have to go a stage II block. So far I have pte q-trim 72, 3" downpipe, single 3" out the back, 70mm tb, atr 3 bolt headers with individual bungs, speedpro. Im looking at intercoolers now (please dont suggest CAS he owes me some work or money now). Can I get a 9.90 out of a set of champion heads. Also any suggestions on a really good intercooler. The car have a ladder bar and a 9''. The transmission at this point I think will be a 400 with art car tq and a brake.

You are looking for same goals as me. I am going to run gn1r heads, 4 bolt headers, 4 bolt turbo. Yes i have seen GN1'S go 9's.

I read Cal Hartline just ran some 8.9s or better at Bristol with his GN1R's. Terry houston ran 8.6s with his GN1R's. They are definately working! as for front mount if CAS is not an option then PTE's front mount will work in the 9's if you want better call Spearco. or call Kenny D. he might help you out with one.

Good luck

Frank

I am not far from what your goals are. I have absolutley no fiberglass on my car(yet). The only thing I have that dropped some weight is the heat and AC removed. I have enough power with the stock block and iron heads to make a 9.99 pass, but it will take a diet to get there from here.

I would not run the stage II heads, because it is not neccesary to hit your goal, and it will just be easier to stick to the bolt on stuff.

as far as the PTE front mont goes remember that Joe L ran a 2 PTE front mounts welded together so that has to be considered.a single PTE is not a low 9 out of the box performer.

Your timing is great. My Dad and I have been fighting to get the exact same target. 9.90s have been the goal for a year now.

Here is what will work and what will not.

Things I would deem essential:

Stage 2 block.
Forged crank
Heads: M&A heads . Here is why. I am about to ignite a schit storm here but oh well. GN1 heads leak, period. I know too many people that have had problems with them. Especially when they cost $2000. Not to mention your time. I would recommend using the Stage heads but you cant bolt up all of the accessories onto them.

Injectors. 83 pound per hour will work or better.

Fuel pump. Go BIG do not skimp here.

ECM: FAST works well and has much better data logging. The wide band O2 is a major plus. We have been using a DFI with a VIC and it works well but I have messed with them for so long now that I have a pretty good idea how to tune with them.

Intercooler: Here is a radical idea. Go buy a Ford Powerstroke for $250 and modify it to fit. It will still cost less ( way less ) than buying a front mount. If you dont want to mess with it, buy Cottons front mount and be done with it.

Transmission: We have been using a TH 400 and it works well no problems. After having used the 400 all of this time, I think we should have stayed with the 200. The only reason is this. I think we have lost some speed on the top end of the track by using a non lock converter. If it was me, and again i will stress this is just my opinion, I would try a built 200 with a lock up converter. It is the best of all worlds. No matter which way you go here you will have to pull the converter out at least once or twice to get the stall speed right. We have done it 9 times.

If you have anymore questions, e mail me and I will help you all that I can.

If you get new design GN1R i have not heard of them leaking. I have heard of some ported irons getting deep into the low 10's, there is a strenth benifit i am sure useing cast iron.

Originally posted by Pittman
72, 3" downpipe, single 3" out the back, 70mm tb, atr 3 bolt headers with individual bungs, speedpro. Im looking at intercoolers now (please dont suggest CAS he owes me some work or money now). Can I get a 9.90 out of a set of champion heads. Also any suggestions on a really good intercooler. The car have a ladder bar and a 9''. The transmission at this point I think will be a 400 with art car tq and a brake.

What are you talking about? I have no idea who you are.

Last name is Pittman. You finaly got the rest of my intercooler to me this last week. I do NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH quality. In fact I think your IC's are some of the best around along with your radiators!!!

The problem I had was the wait. The order was for a dual core air to air for a syclone. I was working with Jerry for a refund because I was running out of time and could have another built localy in about a week for about $1800. Possibly a partial refund since I had recieved the cores only. You told me on my voice mail that the plumbing would be here in a couple of days.....It wasnt. I wont go into details and start an internet **** storm. This is what I meant above, I iether needed the rest or I needed a some type of refund. The delivery dates you gave me were a couple of months off. With my job time is MORE valuable than money. I have money. I dont have time. Waiting months on a delivery is not an option for me.

Honestly, you do good work probably the best. I have a real hectic schedule myself and need to get orders as promised. Like I said before in the faxes I sent you. I'm not disapointed just needed to know what the deal was. I would have liked being better informed.

The plumbing for the intercooler showed up sat morning.

FOR ANYONE READINg THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony FEDex'ed the plumbing "overnight" to get it to me. I wasnt aware of this until after the above post was made.

The intercooler I recieved was of the HIGHEST quality.

Tony:
I will go into this more offline if you would like. You know who I am and how to get in touch with me. If you've miss placed my info here is my email.

tabpittman@texoma.net

But you do know who i am right Tony Boloni:o
Did you really think i would forget about the money you owe me:confused:

Geno, That's funny! That's what I like about you, you tell it how it is!

Butch

He He
Im going to get my moneys worth out of him one way or another:) I will abuse him until he gets me my money and stands up like a MAN instead of hiding like a mouse:rolleyes: Im giving you a chance to call me Tony and settle this 425-742-3156..
I talk to alot of people in the Buick world and guys you owe like me must be hurting your bissness. Myself id feel bad if i owed anyone on this board money:o :o Just make things right and i will get off your case:) I warned you up front not to jack me around like you have so many others:rolleyes:

Geno, Your a talented guy. Maybe the best way to get to him would be to give him some competition! If your work situation hasn't changed, why don't you build some manifolds?

I just read something on another thread about BG making a new run of manifolds, just fyi!

That makes me think...

If you want to keep your good reputation maybe you should stay out of the manifold business. It seems to be a curse :confused: :confused:

Butch

It not just intakes he has a problem with:)
I just got off the phone with a guy thats been waiting 3 months for his innner cooler pipes:( He is the 2nd guy i know waiting for them. The other guy has been waiting sense Christmas last year... I just dont get it,why a guy with his talent has to treat people this way.
:confused:
I will take your advice and stay away from making intakes LOL..
Even if i made some i would treat people with the respect i would want and not hide. The guilt would eat me alive:o :o

I never got a chance to post. I run heavily ported stage heads, 218 valves flowing over 240. I drive 25 miles each way to the track and back. First run is usually high 10's, low 11's cause the plugs load up on the drive there (I'm too lazy to change plugs at the track). After that it's high 9's without any problems. Full weight car with exception of AC. 76 ball bearing turbo, 96# injectors, FelPro and SMALL PTE front mount (the 14 row one). Drivability is just fine. Who really cares about drivability when nailing it under 50 MPH breaks the 275 drag radials loose. It's just too damn dangerous to get on it on the street. Better to save the motor for the track than wrapping it around a tree. Car starts and idles fine as long as you spend the time and set the idle and coolant parameters correctly for the FelPro. Talk to Jack Cotton, he knows how to tune these things, I just drive! :)

Hey Art check your post 218 valves? Don`t you mean 2.18 valves, stage heads that flow 240 on the intake you must mean 340 cfm, just keeping you on your toes .

Dam and i thought my GN1,s almost flowed as good as S2 heads:( Hehe

Speaking of IC's I just got put on the list for PTE's new one they are comming out with.

Jerry McCoy found a stage II bock and heads thats for sale as well. I have to wait until he is back from a trip to get more details.

What new IC from Precision? I just looked on their web site and didn't see any news about a new one. Got any details?

Back