Hi, can you guys help me a little with some answers?

The head studs have a recess for a hex driver in them so you can tighten them up after the head is on the engine.
how tight should I make the actual head stud (not the nut). and do I have to retighten the recess stud? or is that only for the nuts?

Head studs with sealer on get hand tightened. The nut pulls the head down on the block via the stud. The stud just sits there, acting like a stud. Make sure you put the right stud in the right spot, there are different sizes. Once the head is on, check the amount of threads exposed. If the threads are too close to the washer, the nut could bottom on the threads. If that happens you wouldn't get proper crush on the head gasket. A second washer can be added to make up the difference if you need them. I had to do that on a few.

thank you guys so much for the help so far. I am still awaiting the delivery of the studs. but I need to make one last trip to pepboys for valve cover and exhaust manifold gaskets. ok, I have read all the info on the different stud sealers. but someone please just make the choice for me because I really don't know what to buy. the right stuff? loctight? idk lol o_O

thank you guys so much for the help so far. I am still awaiting the delivery of the studs. but I need to make one last trip to pepboys for valve cover and exhaust manifold gaskets. ok, I have read all the info on the different stud sealers. but someone please just make the choice for me because I really don't know what to buy. the right stuff? loctight? idk lol o_O

I used Loctite 567 thread sealer on the studs and they have never leaked so far. This was on my engine i had rebuilt 5 years ago. I bought the Loctite from a Fastenal store.

I used Loctite 567 thread sealer on the studs and they have never leaked so far. This was on my engine i had rebuilt 5 years ago. I bought the Loctite from a Fastenal store.

Same! But my engine has only been going for two weeks now!

Zack