Hi, can you guys help me a little with some answers?

Stand back take a deep breath. Look at everything and play out the process in your head.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Im getting spooked by this job because its my 1st time and this car is so sensitive and not very forgiving. if there is anyone who as experience on long island ny who is willing to come and help me I am willing to pay you.
How much? I'm not working right now and ah never been to new york! :rolleyes:
jk...LOL...Don't worry, you'll get her figgered out!

I'm heading in that direction also....not out East, disability if I don't find a job soon! :D
I didn't wanna leave they forced me out because my lungs were shot from wtc. I only did 16 years. I just got back from Florida where I went to Wyotech for motorcycle mechanics.. I ripped apart and reassembled at least 9 motorcycle engines. but this one scares me lol

Another good.tip.is to.take.pieces of.card board and trace out what youre taking off. For.instance if its the front cover trace out shape.poke.holes.where bolts are and insert when you take.them.off. also take a look.at your oil. See if.its a milk.shake.color. if it is dont run.it w that oil. I guess when I do.a job like that I.just also.check.what else.I.need to. Timing chain. Im in nyc.in the bx and manhattan im.more than willing.to.help.when.I can. We could.chat first and I.could.probaly talk.you.through.some.stuff..

when I had my 3000gt vr4 engine rebuilt I had used them and they held up with a twin turbo td05 16g setup at 19psi. so I figured ...

Forceinduction.. I had the whole top half of my engine disassembled last month for a head swap... I managed to finish the job and (knock on wood) it's still holding together beautifully with no leaks or mishaps.. I am NOT a professional mechanic.. I'm an 18 year old kid working out of his garage! I am very thankful to have a father who managed to collect tons of mechanics tools over the past 55 years of his life, it helps. I promise you, this task is not that bad. You can do it! Take your time! Take as many pictures as you think you need, then take about 50 more. This helps when trying to remember where things go! READ READ READ, then read some more. See the quote in my sig? LIVE IT!

If you have access to an engine hoist and a stand it is much easier out of the car and you can do a lot of cleanup and painting. It looks intimidating at first, dont let it get to you. The last time I pulled the engine I had it on a stand with the intake and heads off in 3.5 hours. It sure is easier on your back...yeah, Im old.

Bryan

hey guys I was just thinking how will I be able to get the passenger side head re-installed after I install the arp headstuds? I don't have the resources to pull the engine. wont I have some clearance issues with the heater unit? or can I place the head on first then thread in the studs?

or can I place the head on first then thread in the studs?

This. Put all the studs in the head then wrap a rubber band around them. Place the head on, align dowel pins, screw in studs, tighten and torque. Voila! Re-read my post again.

Zack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

The head studs have a recess for a hex driver in them so you can tighten them up after the head is on the engine.