High BLM's after Translater and 3 1/2 sensor

Way2QWK

Turbo Spooled by CORN
After installing the translater+ and 3 1/2 ls1 sensor Ive been having high blm numbers. At idle when the blm and integrater peg 150 the idle drops and almost stalls.

IAC high reading was 7
dont remember maf #'s
no extender chip
running lubrant street chip
last time I checked fuel press was 48 static

I have not messed with it or looked at it since I got home, just wanted a few tips before I look at it this week if I have time.

Blm's and integrater were good before translater. always around 120-130

also blms seemed to get higher and more noticable idle stumble with open exhaust. I opened it about 75 miles after translater install.

What are the 4 dip switches set at?

What are the 4 rotator switches set at?

I run my translator+ as On, On, Off, Off and 330E. I am running the 3" MAF.

I also have the Extender chip.

You might wanna get with TurboBob on that. I believe he is/was working on some code to help that inside the translator box. To fine tune the translation. I personally just modded my MAF tables to reflect a smoother BLM grid. Mines not perfect, but its much better. Mine upon first using the thing would peg the BLM to 150 AND puke black smoke.

BTW, if you can swing it, go for his latest Extender. Theres some really real neat stuff in it, and he's done a LOT of work on driveability. He has the "let off the throttle chug" just about licked. Boy, wish I could do that stuff :)

Tell us the settings inside the translator and the version number on the cover of the unit.

Should be able to get things fixed right up.

Bob

TurboBob

The settings are: on/ on/ on/ off

and its version 4.2

the dial switches are all at "0" I dont have the timing adjust hooked up at this time. Its the 3 1/2 ls1 sensor

I raised fuel press to 50 static and integrater went down some to 130-135 mostly. But blms did peg 150 when I sat idleing at the gas station this morning. Crusing they both stay around 130

Today other reading with scan tool.....

IAC- in park warm from 30-58
MAF-5 to 8 at idle

If you are running the Lubrant chip, should not you turn the limit switch on? Dip switch #3

Off is for the extender chip,

With a high BLM he should try the rich idle setting.

There can be a couple things that cause high idle BLM's
- Bad or incorrect PCV valve
- vaccuum leak
- header leaking air
- O2 sensor getting cold
- Fan turbulence upsetting the MAF (try rotating the MAF 90*)
- lean chip
- lean injectors

Try the rich idle setting and let us know..

I usually shoot for an IAC of 25 +/-5 warm in park, A/C off.

Bob

My guess would be that Joe's chip is too lean at idle. I had exactly the same problem and Joe kept telling me it was not his chip. I went with Bob's Extender chip and everything worked perfectly. Maybe have PTE look at tweaking the chip and adding more fuel at idle. Other than the idle problem Joe's chip worked great for everything else.

Funny, his 110 race chip was exactly the same. I actually found that the only way to keep it idling in the staging lanes was to turn the defrost on until I did my burnout and then switch it off. That was a PITA but now I have the Extender and don't have to worry about that anymore.

1. I am running a new correct Delco PCV valve....
2. Ive looked for vaccum leaks but it was fine before translater....
3. No apparant leaks through out exhaust system(even w/ atr headers )...
4. Scan tool shows O2 is active at idle at .45-.50.....
5. It still runs lean when fan is off, but I will move it to see...
6. Lubrant chip(street)
7. Can 55lbs be to lean for my combo????

I dont have time for messing with the buick till this weekend, its a 3 day for me, so Ill keep everyone posted.

Thanx for the help so far!!!

Steve,

Which switch is for base idle adjustment. I cant find my instructions.

I,m with Clayton on this one I,ve tried 3 other chips and all were BL 150.I put in Bob,s extender and everything came right in line Bl and INT right around 130 idle and cruise. Theories anyone.

The translator may not be a perfect translation? Several revision levels out there...the ones I have seen worked.