You can type here any text you want

Hobb's switch location and mounting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pronto

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
I'm looking at the Racetronix Double Pumper set up. What are some locations that the Hobbs switch can be conveniently mounted? I see that it screws into a fitting. Any pics would be helpful. Thanks!

I was in a hurry and just mounted mine on the drivers side fenderwell and ran a vacuum line over to the line that used to go to the EGR. Seems to work ok.

I utilized the factory steel line that is located next to the fuel pressure regulator. Originally a rubber line ran over to the charcoal canister (had a check valve). Since my charcoal can was long thrown out, the line was just capped. I ran straight rubber line over to my hobbs switch, which I zip-tied under the wiring on the drivers-side fender as it goes towards the headlight. It's almost invisible.

Hobbs.JPG
I cut a piece of 1/16" metal into a rectangle...painted it and attached it to one of the bolts for the power steering bracket...I attached the vacuum line to the charcoal canister vacuum line...see pic

I'm getting some good ideas here, thanks!

I'm looking at the Racetronix Double Pumper set up. What are some locations that the Hobbs switch can be conveniently mounted? I see that it screws into a fitting. Any pics would be helpful. Thanks!
When I had the double pumper set up I attached the Hobbs switch to the power steering reservoir with a ss insulated clamp. I have since gone to a single hellcat pump.

A long line between the switch and manifold will delay the switch operating point. If the switch is set to operate below the point the second pump is really needed, the hose will not be an issue. But solely for reference value, read the following...
In the early days of electronic TB injection, it was customary to mount the MAP sensor on the firewall, connected by an up to 16" long vacuum line (crossfire injection as an example). When installing even a small cam, the transient drivability became an issue. Our solution was to shorten the connecting tubing to restore drivability quality. We found we could even go up one more cam size when this was done. We then shortened the line on every car we worked on, gaining better transient response as a result. GM finally started putting the MAP sensors right on the manifold within a few years, on both throttlebody and runner injection.
This trend holds true for any vacuum/boost referenced sensors or wastegates.
TIMINATOR

When I had the dual pumper from Racetronix it had a 15psi Hobbs for turn on of the second pump. That was well within my needs so a small delay wasn't an issue. From my logs though it kicked in right at 15psi.

Back