Hood Liner Great Price

ckmm

the $ money i could save
I GOT ONE OF THOSE HOOD LINERS THE GUY WAS SELLING . THE PADING THAT GOSE AROUND JET ENGINES THE WAY HE SHOWED IT WAS FORM FITTING TO THE FRAME WORK UNDER THE HOOD DIDNT LIKE THAT .

I TOOK MY HOOD OFF AND GLUED IT TO A PEICE OF WOOD CUT THE WOOD TO FIT THE HOOD TOOK NAILS PUT IN THE HOLES WHERE THE HOOD TABS GO PUT THE WOOD ON TAPED AROUND WHERE THE HOLE ARE MARKED PERFECT DRILLED OUT THE HOLES PUT THE TABS ON AND IT LOOKS GREAT U CAN PUT ANY KIND OF STICKERS COLLORS I HAVE THR T IN T TYPE IN RED TYPE IN WHITE GOING TO PUT THE POWER 6 LOGO IN COLLOR ILL POST SOME PICS WHEN MY CAMRA GET BACK IT BROKE HAD TO SEND IT OUT :biggrin:

OK "put nails in wood under hood" is something you should never hear even if you own a woody wagon"..

I'm not sure, but I think he glued the material to some backer board, put some nails in the hood where the pins that hold the factory hoodliner up, used those nails to mark where the holes need to be put in the backer board, cut the holes in the backer board and new material, took nails out of hood, put covered backer board in place and pushed the hoodliner clips through the new holes and into the hood.

not That Hard To Understand Black6pack Hit It Right On The Head Use The Nail To Mark Where The Holes Are Then Drill The Holes Out Put Hood Liner Up With The Hood Clips Ill Post Some Pic When I Get My Camra Back

Oh O.K. Your original post seemed a little confusing to me. I'm looking for a new hoodliner myself. I'll check out the pics when you post them.

A comma or a period every now and then may have helped. As well as not using all caps. But what do I know. I just throw a comma or period in there every once in a while, who knows if I'm putting them in the right place! ;) If you can't type fast I can see the frustration people have with posting on the interweb. Luckily I learned to type my Sr. year in HS. I took a data entry or some kind of class with a buddy and 18 girls. :biggrin:

I like the snug looking fit but my hoodliner doesn't quite need replaced yet and I'm overbudget like crazy as is. :eek:

hood liner

Final got my camara back . Here some pic of the hood liner let me know what you think please THANKS CK

Looks great! Could you be specific on what you used as the backer? I know wood, but thickness? type? Anyone got any other ideas for a backer mat'l? One that would not be subject to deterioration from moisture (rot)?

I GOT ONE OF THOSE HOOD LINERS THE GUY WAS SELLING . THE PADING THAT GOSE AROUND JET ENGINES THE WAY HE SHOWED IT WAS FORM FITTING TO THE FRAME WORK UNDER THE HOOD DIDNT LIKE THAT . :biggrin:

ME LIKE EM DAT LOOK GREAT PIC OH YEAH

hood liner

Ill try to get the name of the board i used. ill have to go to lowes to see what it is called its just a thick as a sheet of cardboard. if you ordor it form the juy on the board tell him you do not want any holes in it . If you are going to do it like mine the hole wont match up .The way he lays it out it is to be form fitted . When you lay it flat the holes dont line up

The liner looks great, I myself am having some up pipe fitment issues... Does the hood liner fit up against the hood frame work allot tighter? Also, where did you get the stickers from and will they withstand the engine compartment heat?

no nothing hits it fit nice . I have a guy down here that dose vinly sings do it for me .He keep in thr files so he could use it aging costed me 35 for 2 . i didnt like the white ones . wanted it to stick out more . if you want ill get the name of the shop he can make it any size i think mine is 7 x 8 3/4 . he said they would with stand the heat or bring them back

I'm the guy who makes the liners and I have to say it looks great Chuck! Never figured that folks may want to attach my liners to a piece of board but if it works, go for it. I'm more than happy to help other owners in dressing up their engine bays!

Not bad but I would stick it to an original type/look backer board. Maybe the old one that is messed up could be prepped to accept the new cover? I personally have a few put away so just thinking out loud.

i tryed that with my old on. It started to come apart i could not get any glue to work on it . Nothing would hold it together .I tryed prof. spray glue glue gun evenglue froma fabric store i went to upholstery glue . Then i so this hood liner jumped all over it