hood mount FP guage

AutoMeter Hood Mounted Fuel Pressure Gauge

I installed a hood mounted fuel pressure gauge on my GN 2 weeks ago

I ordered the Fuel Pressure Gauge & Hood Mounted Cup / Bracket from the same source (www.egauges.com)

I chose the AutoMeter Mechanical Fuel Pressure Gauge - 2 1/16 Dia / 100 psi / PN # ATM-3312 = $40.00

They also offer numerous universal mounts ( i.e. #240-016) for the hood that range around $20.00

I then bought the double fuel rail fitting from Caspers (I run a fuel rail, fuel gauge as well) around $20.00

And to finish it off i went to the local steel braided hose company (TMR) and had them make me a 42 inch piece of tubing with the proper connections for the gauge and the fuel rail adapter = $24.00

I positioned the gauge mount bracket on the hood in the proper position / angle and secured it to the hood by double sided tape. I drilled a 1/2 " hole in the hood to run the steel braided line / power wire, installed rubber grommets to protect the steel braided line from chaffing, and mounted the hose securely to the fuel rail

I back light powered the gauge by tapping into the orange wire behind the headlight dash switch and by grounding a point in the engine bay. Now the gauge is illuminated with the headlights and dimmed with the dimmer.

Total cost approximatly $100 dollars and about an hours time to install

The look is great, and it does get alot of comments

Good luck

Ray

Thanks for the heads-up on the t-fitting. I'll check into that. I did forget to mention that the back lighting on the K-B gauge is very dim. I can only seem to read the gauge if I'm out in the country where there is little lighting except the gauge.

Thanks for the compliments. I ordered all the fuel gauge stuff from Summit. The gauge is an Auto Meter Pro-Comp Silver Face Gauge ATM-4612, with mounting cup ATM-5201. If you need any fittings, I found that Earls has the most, look under Plumbing>Fittings, etc. And like I said previously, I ordered the hood mount bracket from Cottons. It was $20 shipped last spring.

I got the silver face gauge for two reasons:
1) It matches my pillar mounted gauges
2) Its easier to read the silver gauge in all lighting conditions. It has a built in light too, very easy to read at night.

If I need to adjust the fuel pressure, I just lower the hood and peek around to the gauge. I don't have to adjust the fuel pressure often though so its not a big deal. It is indeed nice to have the fuel pressure verified right in front of you, especially if you have everything tuned to the limit.