hood mounted fuel gages

trbochV6

Gotta Luv It!!!!
:confused: I need to know if anyone (I know someone has) has made their own hood mounted fuel pressure gage. I dont want one that you can slide under the wiper blade. Ive seen a couple of people who used an Autometer gage, but what kind of parts did you have to buy as well to connect (what size elbow, what size SS line, etc) I dont have too much experience on this so any help is greatly appreciated. The gage from Kenne-Bell looks great but at that price, naah.

You can take a short piece of aluminum 1"wide X 1/8" thick. Bend in shape of a Z. Mount an autometer gauge to it with their mounting bracket and put a couple sheet metal screws through your cowl far enough over to miss contact with your wipers and mount the gauge to it. I use nylon tubing. Don't care for the stainless. Takes up too much room.

I got all of my stuff right from Summit. I have the Autometer FP gauge, the mounting cup from them, and I got the FP gauge install kit (fittings/SS braided hose). All from summit. Costs less than $100 for everything.

Derrick

Hey John...

Are you spying on me???:eek: :eek: I used the EXACT same thing on my car but I bent the aluminum in the shape of a deformed C. I made one part flat to bolt to the bottom of the hood. Then bent it so it would clear the wipers and bent it back towards the front of the car and mounted the gauge cup on top of that. Looks pretty cool if you ask me.

I used what I had at the time to run pressure to the gauge. I used braided under the hood from the rail to copper at the edge of the hood. The braided looked like it would kink taking that sharp bend. Works fine. But got ugly so I put wire loom over it.:cool:

Finally pictures

Hope this works.

11773757lg.jpg

11773764lg.jpg

11773763lg.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was one of the guys from DC Tech that I saw at the Nats last year. He had a trick setup on his car with his hood gauge mounted so that he could quickly loosen the mount via a wing nut or something, and then mount it under the hood for stealth or easy FP adjustments. He had braided line from the rail to the gauge. Like I said, it was clean and real trick looking.

Search the banner ads on this site. I'm pretty sure they advertise here. If not, do a search on google and give them a cal.

-Banning.